Epilogue

Months Later

"Would you please stop screwing around and come on?" Warin asks, annoyance laced through his words like shoestrings.

"Fine," I reply dryly, shaking my head. As I walk towards him he points angrily at the oversized ice cube behind me as if to say, 'fix it.'

Rolling my eyes, I spin around and unfreeze the water in the fish tank I was playing around with. I can't help it that I'm fascinated by all the things I can do now. I've been loving the access to the new powers I have since my Great Aunt Sabine inhabited my body.

It feels like each day I find something new that I didn't know I could do and each day I drive Warin more and more crazy with my 'experiments.' Initially he was happy for me, but all of that went out the window when I accidentally on purpose cloned him last week. Granted they were just illusions since I haven't figured out how to make them more 'permanent' but it freaked him out nonetheless. As far as he knows I've shelfed that particular power but what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

It's weird not being in total control of my powers anymore. It'll take a while to get a full grip on everything but my aunt unlocking these new abilities within me is one of the best things to ever happen to me. By using the powers they passed down, I feel so much closer to the family I never got the chance to meet. I'll have to work at my control, and it does feel a bit like a repeat of my teen years, but I'm up for the challenge.

"Are you going to actually help me carry anything or are you just going to stand there and look pretty?" Warin asks, gripping a box under each heavily muscled arm.

We've been boxing up his parent's witchcraft items for the past few weeks and we're finally making some headway. It took a couple tries to break the hex Marion left on the place but with the newfound powers we both possess we were able to get it. The entire process was emotional for Warin but I can tell he's glad to have his home back.

"I guess I could help," I reply, using my magic to lift a few boxes into the air.

He laughs, a sound I'll never tire of hearing, and shakes his head, "You do realize there are neighbors right? How am I going to explain floating boxes following me to the car?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Don't. Tell them to mind their business or pick up a box and help."

Laughter echoes against the walls again as he uses his own powers to lower the boxes to the floor. "Don't worry about it lazy așs, I'll handle it myself."

I raise the roof chanting sarcastically, "Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!"

Shaking his head with a grin, he leaves out the front door.

I wait until I hear the door close to bring out the surprise I have for him. I've been debating on when and how to give it to him all day and I still don't know how. I've had a cloaking spell over the bag all day so he wouldn't find it early. He's been everywhere close to it but luckily for me he hasn't run into it yet.

I've debated on waiting until we get home but it's a war zone there. About a month ago, we decided to move closer to Dylan and her pack's new neighborhood. We found the cutest fixer upper on about three acres of land. There's so much green space and a river runs right behind the property, the only problem is the inside. The entire house needs to be gutted and instead of Warin letting me use magic to have the house done, he wants to do everything ourselves, by hand – like commoners. He claims it'll bring us closer together as a couple but so far all it's done is cause fights in Ikea aisles and dramatic scenes in furniture stores. The last fight we had was so dumb we couldn't stop laughing afterwards, however in the heat of the moment I was willing to risk it all in support of white marble over black.