Chapter 1 (Quick note from the org. author)

Hi! New story, new warnings! Please read the warnings before you continue with the story!

1. I am ignoring the events of HBP and DH. No Horocruxes.

2. Like always in my fics, there will be a lot of sex and torture. Don't like? Don't read!

3. This is a Hermione/Voldemort-shipping, but there will be some other parings as well (like, SS/OFC, RL/?, HP/GW...) but I won't write much about them.

4. This is a DARK fic. There are always someone who is unhappy. If you like fluff, this is not a story for you!

I am only playing with JK Rowlings wonderful world, I don't make any money of this!

Lady Miya

Thank you BloodyBrilliantRuthie for betaing this story! And thank you Nerys for encouraging me to continue with it!

Chapter 1

It had all been Cornelius Fudge's idea. So, of course, it was a horrible. Unfortunately, by the time Dumbledore found out, it was already too late.

xxx

Hermione Granger was sitting in the library. She liked the library, not because she liked to study, but because she liked the atmosphere. It was always quiet. Stress didn't seem to exist in the old library of Hogwarts. Alas, Hermione used the library as a gateway to calmness, which she needed now, as she was in the middle of her N.E.W.T. exams. She only had three more exams to sit through, and she would be free for a whole week before the graduation party. Like the rest of her class, she looked forward to it. A lot had happened during her time at Hogwarts, and she felt like she needed a rest.

Three years ago, the feared dark wizard, Lord Voldemort, had returned. Many had believed he was dead, but he only lost his body. Hermione's best friend, Harry Potter, had been there the day he regained human form. The world had just grown darker ever since.

Two years ago, Hermione's parents had disappeared and she had obviously been very upset and wanted to be alone in her grief. She thought that her friends had enough to worry about as it was. So, she found refuge in the library, like so many times before, and tried to study away her grief.

Last year, her other best friend, Ron Weasley, was killed. Since then, she had been eager to fight in the war. It happened at the end of her sixth year. She and her two best friends had been on their way home from Hogsmeade, when Lord Voldemort and ten of his Death Eaters ambushed them. Harry, he still didn't know how it happened, cast the Killing Curse at Voldemort and… hit him. Voldemort died, or rather, his body died. Smoke rose from the body, an apparition of the Dark Lord, and ordered his Death Eaters to kill them.

The Death Eaters had been confused and Harry, Hermione and Ron managed to escape. Or, so they had thought. Bellatrix Lestrange, one of Voldemort's top minions cast an Avada Kedavra at them and it hit Ron in the back. Anger, beyond anything she had ever felt before, took hold of her. She went berserk and started to cast hexes around her, even the three Unforgivable Curses. Her assault gave Dumbledore and the rest of the Order of the Phoenix time to take care of the rest of the Death Eaters.

Everyone thought Voldemort was gone for good after that. They had even started celebrate. Until Harry started to scream because his scar began to hurt. The Dark Lord managed to survive.

No one knew where he was, what he looked liked, or what kind of powers he had. Everyone was very careful not to talk to strangers. Lord Voldemort could be anyone.

Hermione sighed as she tried to massage the stiffness out from her shoulders. She was working on a very tricky calculation in Arithmancy and had been sitting in the same spot since dinner. The Arithmancy exam was first thing the coming morning. It was her favourite subject and she hoped to get the highest scores. Not that anyone thought she wouldn't get it; she had been feeding herself with knowledge since the beginning of this year; even more so than she had done the years before. Her philosophy was; knowledge is power. After Harry found out Voldemort was still alive, Hermione made finding a way to kill him her mission.