Chapter 24

Even if Voldemort had promised to kill her, Reya Radcliff was the one brave enough to come to him and tell him what had happened. After he left Brazil, Hermione transported Severus to a wizarding hospital. Then, she returned back to Reya and waited for the morning. Once Reya turned back into a human, the two of them checked out of the hotel and left. As neither of them were wanted, they had decided to take the transatlantic Floo back to England.

Before then, they stopped to eat breakfast at a small Muggle restaurant next to the Brazilian Ministry. When they left the restaurant, a couple of hooded men had grabbed Hermione and drove away with her in a Muggle car. Reya had cast spells after them and been arrested by the Brazil Ministry. It took a week for her to find someone who understood what she was saying. After that, she was released and the Brazilian Aurors had started to search for Hermione. Without results.

Voldemort didn't kill the werewolf, but he did torture her for letting Hermione get kidnapped.

When Reya managed to leave the office, limping and sobbing, Voldemort leaned back in his chair. This would be a good lesson for Hermione. He was the only one who could protect her. If she left him, she would get in trouble. The kidnappers would probably send him a letter with their demands soon enough. He didn't need to worry yet. If they knew anything about trading, they would keep her alive. He didn't think these were some desperate wizards (he was certain they were wizards, otherwise Hermione was strong enough to scare them away even without a wand) who just wanted money. They probably knew whom she was married too and wanted something. This wasn't the first time something like this happened. In the beginning of his career, his "friend" got himself kidnapped. Voldemort had let the fool die. He didn't have friends.

However, he wouldn't let Hermione die. She was the mother of his child after all. He didn't trust the House-Elves to treat Dmitri forever.

With that thought, he returned to his reports. The letter would arrive soon enough.

xxx

Hermione had no idea where she was or who had kidnapped her. They locked her inside a small bedroom with just a bed and a chair and served her food three times every day. It was always a House-Elf who brought the food to her and he never said a word. It didn't take long before Hermione guessed she was some kind of political hostage. If the kidnappers were mere criminals, they wouldn't treat her well. Every day the House-Elf brought her some kind of Muggle novel. It was very nice since it gave her something to focus on. She exercised as well.

However, when she didn't hear anything from anyone after a week, she began to worry. Shouldn't someone come and ask her what she knew about Voldemort? Shouldn't Voldemort come and rescue the mother of his child? Was he still angry with her for not coming with him? Had he sent away Dmitri just as he threatened?

When she couldn't focus on something else, her thoughts travelled to her son. She felt guilty for being away from him. She tried not to think about him often, because it always made her cry. How did he manage without her? He was only two months old and his father wasn't the best. Hermione didn't think Voldemort would mistreat their child, but she already knew he didn't mind neglecting him. What if Voldemort got some brilliant idea and forgot their son? What if Dmitri had to be alone for days? The House-Elves probably took care of him, but it wasn't the same. She was his mother! She could still feel when he needed to be feed. Her breasts were full of milk all the time. What if she couldn't feed him when she got back? Her milk could dry out if her body thought it wasn't necessary anymore. That couldn't happen! He was just two months old! He needed her milk!

She always cried herself to sleep. She was a horrible mother. No better than Voldemort. What had she been thinking taking Snape's side? Her son needed her! For his sake, she shouldn't have argued with Voldemort. No child should have parents who argued all the time. If she had told Voldemort the truth about her new ability, none of this would have happened! But no, she had to put a secret weapon in a stupid war in before her own son!