Chapter 21

Voldemort arrived at the small pub in the middle of a small town a couple of miles outside York. He was more than half an hour late… although he wouldn't apologize. If Dumbledore really wanted to speak with him, he would still be there.

It was a typical English Muggle pub. Most of the small tables were occupied by people who were gossiping about their day. Some were smoking, so Voldemort conjured up a small invisible bubble of clean air around him. Passive smoking was just as dangerous as active smoking. He refused to suffer due to other people's foolishness.

He spotted Dumbledore in one of the dark corners. He was drinking something as he bobbed his head to the music coming out from some Muggle machine. Voldemort sighed and went over to him.

"Ah, Tom," Dumbledore said as Voldemort pulled out a chair and sat down. If he hadn't just had sex, he would probably be angrier at Dumbledore's use of his birth name.

"Albus," Voldemort said and made sure he had his wand was within reach.

"I have to congratulate you to the fatherhood," Dumbledore said. "I understand it is a boy?"

Voldemort nodded. "We are very happy."

Dumbledore looked at him over his glasses. "I can imagine. You are very well preserved for a man your age, Tom."

"And you are very vigorous for a man of your age, Albus," Voldemort said, a bit annoyed. "Why have you called me here? I'm a very busy wizard."

Dumbledore gave him a knowing smile. Voldemort felt a sudden urge to straighten his hair and look into a mirror. He had cleaned himself however, hadn't the girl bitten him?

"At least I'm getting some," Voldemort said with a smile.

Dumbledore sighed. "Yes… that is one of the reasons why I have called you here today."

Voldemort arched his eyebrows, but didn't say anything.

Dumbledore straightened and continued. "But first; stop searching for the Cup, Tom. You have no idea what it can do."

Voldemort froze. How the hell could he know about them? Only he and Hermione… he blinked when he remembered what she had said "…I could pass on information about you to your enemies…". Although, he had wished her not to tell anyone about that. Not tell anyone directly anyway. He would have to kill her.

"I don't know what you are talking about," he lied.

Dumbledore sighed. "You won't get what you want from it, Tom. You would never be able to master it, even if you found it. It would be too dangerous…"

Voldemort was quiet. What did the old man know that he didn't? Why was he speaking of only one Cup? Helga Hufflepuff had used one of the Cups. Had the Founder left something at Hogwarts? Something that could tell him what the Cups did? Then he needed to break into Hogwarts.

"Your concern is touching, Albus," he sneered. "But unnecessary. I have always been able to take care of myself."

Dumbledore made a grimace. "Well, that can be disputed, but this is neither the place nor the time to do so."

Voldemort crossed his arms. "Anything else you have to say?"

"Ah, yes… I think I have found a way to break the Contract between you and your wife."

Voldemort blinked and unfolded his arms. "That's impossible!"

"On the contrary, I have several theory, and actual proof that one of them works. However, I want an oath that you won't hurt Hermione once the Contract is broken."