Chapter 6

Hermione and Voldemort arrived at the hotel at dusk after eating dinner at a small restaurant near the harbour. Voldemort hired a taxi to take them from the harbour to the hotel. Some Death Eaters would be staying there as well, but they wouldn't be arriving all at the same time. That would look too suspicious.

By the time they arrived at the hotel, Hermione was tired. She'd had a long day. First the running in the forest, the flying, then the boat ride... and all that with her cranky husband. It was no wonder she just felt like sleeping. She hardly listened when Voldemort talked to the receptionist and retrieved the room key.

The room was cosy enough. The colours were green, blue and brown and the room had all things you could expect to see in a hotel room. Voldemort placed his backpack on the blue sofa and muttered something about the bathroom. Hermione undressed and went straight to bed. Sleep claimed her the moment her head touched the pillow. She woke up in the early morning hours as Voldemort climbed into bed. She thought about asking him where he had been, but she fell asleep again only giving a quick thought to what he had been doing while she slept.

The next time she woke up, it was almost eight and she felt well rested. Voldemort was still asleep next to her. His glamour had disappeared and he looked like himself again. He had an arm over his face and the blanket around his waist. Hermione fingered her wedding ring. Many people probably found her husband very attractive. Now that he was asleep, Hermione could really see why.

His body was fit. He was thin, but strong. He had a small patch of hair in the middle of his chest that she found appealing. She looked at his face. Although she could only see his mouth, she wondered what it would be like to kiss him. Not that she had any warm feelings toward him. It was just that he had never kissed her on the lips. She knew he didn't like to be touched, but what was wrong with a couple of kisses during sex?

He was so distant and it annoyed her to know so little about him. He never told her anything about himself. The only thing she really knew was that he was a control freak and obsessed with the condition of his body. She noticed that he was very strict about his diet the few times they had eaten together.

He was like that a puzzle for her to figure out. Perhaps that was why she provoked him. She wanted to know how he would react. He wasn't like other wizards…

So what would happen if she kissed him? She was quiet certain he would get angry, but what would he do? He wouldn't kill a Muggle just because she wanted to kiss her husband, would he?

She found herself moving closer to him. She had only kissed three other boys in her life. Victor, at the ball, Ron a couple of times, and Harry like a friend. Ron was the only one she had been in love with. What most intrigued her was wondering what it would be like to kiss the most dangerous man alive?

Hermione had always wanted to know everything. It sometimes made her do stupid things. Like that time she created Polyjuice Potion and accidentally turned into a cat. Everything else, thankfully, had gone according to the plan.

Without further thought, she bent her head and kissed him. Her lips came in contact with his and she nibbled his lower lip lightly and was very surprised when he responded. His tongue came out and licked her lip. She moved her mouth a little so she could meet his tongue with hers. She had just begun to really enjoy the kiss when he woke up.

The change was drastic. He bit her tongue so hard she could taste blood. Then he let go of her tongue and moved on top of her, straddling her, while he wrapped his hands around her neck. He was strangling her. She tried to scream.

It ended as soon as it had started. He let out a hiss and let go of her. She guessed the Contract must have kicked in when he recognised her.

"WHAT IN FUCKING SALAZAR'S NAME ARE YOU DOING?" he roared. His anger evident in his gaze. A the moment, he looked every bit The Dark Lord and she was scared.