Chapter 1

"Tom! Get up right this instance!"

Thomas squeezed his eyes shut and let out a low groan at the sound of a voice calling out his name. Instead of getting up, however he changed sides and buried his head some more into his fluffy pillow, trying to drift back to sleep from which he was practically screamed away from.

"Sweet lord, get up!" The voice yelled for once again but this time, it decided to start shaking both of his arms. Thomas just whined.

"Teresa, I'm tired, let go!" He yelled back, his voice being nothing more than a muffled sound due to his pillow.

Teresa suddenly went quiet and only minutes after, a loud cruck was heard which resulting to the room being illuminated with the sun's warm but also blinding bright rays. Without putting much thought into it, Thomas furrowed his eyebrows and brought his purely white wings all the way up into his head so that his small body would be wrapped inside a warm but also a pitch black ball. Sometimes he was just glad that he had his wings, even though they were mostly irritating him.

"Fine, sleep!" Teresa gave in and held out her hands in annoyance. "But let me remind you, you were the excited one about getting assigned to your human."

Once he heard her words, Thomas jerked his head up with widened eyes and shortly after his wings got stretched that much so that they kicked some books down from their original place in the book shelf near by.

How could he forget? He had been cheering for weeks ever since he heard that he and Teresa were mature enough in order to be assigned to consult a human. An actual human being, and not a shack of potatoes like in their first grade of elementary school. Being an guardian angel was what he wanted from his life, and no one could ever keep him from achieving that. Not even sleep.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" Thomas exclaimed while rubbing the sleep away from his eyes. Then, he stood up, doubled his wings so that they'd stick to his back and after bumping into most of the furniture in his room, run inside his bathroom. "How much time do we have left, Te?"

Teresa took a look at her clock. "You have exactly 14 minutes to get dressed and head to class."

"F----"

"Language!"

"F----etch me my shirt?"

Teresa sighed, but grabbed his shirt from asides and tossed it inside the small room Thomas was in. "Remind me again why I agreed to be your friend?"

"Because ever since we were three we just clicked and you love me too much to leave me on my own."

Hearing Teresa's scoff from inside the room made him break a small smile and stare at his reflexion at the mirror. Awake wide hazel hues stared back at him escorted with a pale complexion and dark brown hair. At his back, his pure white wings sparkled at the sun light --- as if being small little diamonds put together in order to create the perfect picture --- but at the same time, they flitched due to the cold air that hit his skin. His features were just. . . angelic.

The time however flew like the sand in the desert and therefore, after combing his hair and letting him to messily head towards every direction, he put on his shirt, grabbed his school bag and run outside into the warm sunny day. Even If Thomas despised the sun for hurting his eyes, he couldn't just say no to a perfect sunny day.

Once Teresa caught up with him, the two friends started to walk together towards the Maze high school”, a school that despite all the good and valuable things that it had to offer at his training to be an guardian angel, had only one, huge, disadvantage. It was in the other side of the town, in the very edge of the world known to Thomas but that wasn't what bothered him. What bothered him was that not even 10 metres away, there was the Scorch High School, the school where the so called demons got educated.