Chapter 9

Saying that he felt his wings break after such a fall was a huge under statement for the pain that had jolted up to his spine and legs. He felt as If tiny little spikes poked his flesh, trying to get inside his bones and break him from the inside for the wrong decision he had just made.

No, it wasn't just wrong. If doctor Paige found out --- If anyone found out --- he could kiss good bye both his carrier as a guardian angel but also his life on the heavens as he would be kicked out in the black abyss, just like Aris. Even If the other boy had his wings cut, he was lucky enough to grab on something and crawl up on the other side, on the side of hell. Thomas remembered to stare in agony as the screams and groans of the blond boy filled his ears and shattered his heart in many tiny pieces until he saw him landing on the side of hell. Only then, he breathed out in relief.

Yet, something told him his situation would be far worse.

With a groan, he sat up, putting all his weight on his elbows and turned to look at the demon who not only had not been huffing in pain but had been on his feet all along, staring down at him in complete amusement. Thomas' cheeks burned brighter than the fires of hell but this time in embarrassment.

"Are you enjoying mopping the floor?" Newt asked sarcastically before letting out a small giggle. "You missed an atom of dust."

"Oh shut up, Newton." Thomas exclaimed ignoring the teenagers that passed by his dropped body. They couldn't see him either way. "I knew all of this was a trick to break my body and bones."

"What would a broken mop be useful to me?" The blond joked as a wide smirk spread on his lips.

If he could let fums out of his ears like the cartoons he saw when he was a child, he certainly would now. "I am not a fucking mop."

"Then get up and stop acting like one." The demon spoke calmly with a shrug of his shoulders as if telling people off was one of the things he did every day.

Thomas pushed his body up as his wings automatically grew wider and double in size, helping his hands to remove the remaining dust on his clothes. Newt's eyes grew wide in view of the angel wings but he soon coughed it off and crossed his arms over his chest. Even If Thomas was busy cleaning up, he could still see Newt's muscles move from under the shirt he was wearing, just like he could see the tattoo from the ripped part of his shirt. Would his skin taste as salty as his lips would? Would it be as soft as his lips?

"If you are done cleaning yourself up and staring at my ribs," Newt suddenly spoke kicking Thomas out of the imaginary cloud he was flying at, "we got a place to go."

"What place?" Thomas asked, but Newt didn't answer. He grabbed his hand, entangle their fingers and start to walk speechless.

The entire time, all Thomas did was to follow Newt to every road he walked down at and to every turn of a curvy path. Ηis look wondered around as his eyes took in every image, every little detail that he could stumble upon and curved them into his memory. The human world had Thomas' excited ever since he was a little boy and never ceased to amaze him.

"Here we are." Said the demon before stopping outside a small bar. Loud music came from inside hurting Thomas' head, but he was too busy taking in his surroundings to protest.

The building was mainly built with bricks; It's white paint had faded, and some parts of the wall had been collapsed to the ground from which twitching colorful lights lit up the entire neighborhood. The door wasn't even existing and in its place had a park meter bar; to push when heading inside and outside. Thomas saw many teenagers dancing, their bodies griding against each other whilst others swallowed each other's tongues in the bar's corners.