fifteen: someday

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

| lynette’s pov |

“Stop that,” I said, as I tried to get his hands off of me. A giggle escaped my lips; he was succeeding in making me laugh.

He shook his head, persisting to tickle me to make me happy today.

It was a rough day at work, and I was reprimanded several times. He made it a point to cheer me up in his own little way– through tickling.

I caught sight of the tattoo on his collarbone, and I instantly stopped laughing. It wasn’t like I was extremely bothered by it, but I didn’t like it.

“When’d you get this?” I asked, pulling the collar of his shirt a bit lower, so I could see the roman numerals inked on his skin. 

He thought for a while and shrugged. “A few months ago?”

“Why’d you get it?”

His eyebrows furrowed, but he still answered me, “Because it means a lot to me, Lyn.”

I nodded, trying to understand what he meant. It was just a tattoo; I shouldn’t stress myself over it. It was such a small thing, right?

But no, things weren’t in order. It was an imperfection. 

I hold myself back from making snide remarks about it. It wasn’t like I had a right to– I was just his girlfriend. 

“You don’t like it?” He seemed disappointed that I was upset about it.

“I do, I do,” I reassured, through grit teeth. I don’t like it. I’ll never like it.

He smiled, hugging me. “Now, where were we?” 

I felt his fingers poke my sides, earning an unexpected but loud laugh from me, which made him laugh as well. 

Though I was well aware he was distracting me from dwelling on the tattoo, I try to push it away from my mind and go back to my happy self.

But I was beyond annoyed by it.

Someday, that’ll disappear.

Someday, things will be perfect.