epilogue: perfect [last]

• Dedicated to ALL OF YOU ILY

EPILOGUE / LAST CHAPTER:

| calum’s pov |

“Hi, Lyn,” I greeted, taking a seat across from her. 

There’s a dazed look on her face as she draws something on the paper laid out in front of her. I try to take a peek, but she held a hand up, stopping me from looking. 

“It’s not perfect yet. Don’t look,” she told me.

Those words that she said broke me. That’s where it all started, and this is where it’ll end. 

I hate to say it, but there’s nothing more that I can do to help her. She’s always going to want perfection now. What’s worse is that she’s become childlike. 

The kind that she doesn't even know what she did anymore. She doesn't know, but she doesn't look for the answer.

I would have just left her here, if I was still the same stupid Calum from before, because this is what I thought I wanted, right?

But the pity I’m feeling for her makes me want to cry; this is my entire fault. If I just understood her before, she could’ve found someone who was willing to fix her. 

I’m willing to fix her now, but there’s nothing more to fix.

Everything’s broken. 

There’s no hope.

A tear slipped from my eye, and I wiped it, but more tears follow until I found myself full out crying in front of her.

“Why are you crying?” She asked, wiping my tears with her fingers. “You don’t look perfect when you’re crying, you know.”

“I’m sorry, Lyn. I’m so sorry. I didn’t want this to happen,” I apologized, finding it harder and harder for me to breathe because of my sobbing. 

Lyn gave me a bright smile, shaking her head. “Don’t be sorry, mister. There’s nothing to be sorry about.”

The fact that she’s saying this caused me to whimper; she doesn’t know what I’ve done. It’s what I’ve wanted to happen, but it’s tearing me apart. 

“I love you, Lyn. I’m so fucking sorry that I’m not what you needed me to be.” 

To this, she only stood up.

She cupped my face and kissed my forehead from across the table.

“You’re perfect already; there’s nothing else I want to change.”

Author’s Note: and we’re done! omg, i’m sorry if you were confused by this whole story. honestly, when i first started writing this, i was ecstatic about it, knowing how it was going to go, but when i finally reached the latter part, i lost interest in it, so i’m sorry about the horribly written chapters i’ve posted. anyway, if there are any questions, feel free to comment them, so i could answer. i’m going to start writing ersatz now, while also writing for plus and fringe movement, which are all are more of the “teen fic” vibe, so feel free to read them if you want! and if you want you could follow me on twitter. my user is @cIiffophobic [the l is a capital i]. thank you so much for reading human, ily all. :)