twenty-eight: devastation

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT:

| calum’s pov |

She ran, as soon as I told her the truth. 

I really had no idea on what she was talking about. Even if I did go to her place, I wouldn’t be able to get through her windows.

Her windows always had been the kind that had protection; ever since her parents gave her that small house, it’s always been there. 

What’s happening to her? I don’t know; was this caused by her obsessive-compulsive disorder? It’s honestly making me worried, especially because I have no one to turn to, personally.

Her parents are dead; she had no siblings or any more relatives I could ask help from. Her doctor could do the trick, but from what I know, she’s retired from her job.

I swear if this is a sick joke, I’m going to blow up the minute she laughs.

But the look on her face was of pure devastation. There’s no chance that she remembered me from before and is miraculously getting back at me.

I walked fast as I went after her; it was good that I still know the way to her house without asking for directions from anyone around me.

It was getting late, and the more that I felt like I needed to hurry before it was too late. I don’t know what’s running through her mind right now, but I’m sure as hell it’s not good.

Not that I exactly know what the problem is, but it seems to me as if she’s been imagining things. Fuck, don’t tell me this is all because of what I gave her.

Thoroughly studying the medicine that I was making her drink wasn’t something I’ve done. All I cared about that time was causing her to forget all about me, so I’d make her feel my pain.

Why did I even want revenge on her again? 

Now that I’m thinking about it, I wasn’t going to get anything from seeing her suffer. It’s just going to satisfy me a bit, but then I know it’s not what I really want anymore.

I should have just left her alone.

I could have gone to another city and started all over again. Though sometimes, I’m going to be reminded of all the faults she’s thrown at me, it was all just because she was sick.

That could have been her telling the truth, but perfection is what she’s always wanted before, and I’m sure as hell I’m not perfect.

What have I done to her?