nineteen: drink

CHAPTER NINETEEN:

| lynette’s pov |

“It’s getting worse, Miss Moore,” the doctor told me, raising up the fears I thought were gone. It can’t be. This can’t be. I can’t be worse.

I was supposed to be better.

Staying quiet, my hands were tightly holding onto the fabric of my shirt. If I should say something, I don’t know. 

“Have you been taking the pills I’ve prescribed?” She asked, looking up from the papers she was filling up earlier. 

Gulping, I shook my head. I didn’t want to drink them– they made me feel like I was sick. And I wasn’t sick. I was good. 

She let out a disappointed sigh, shaking her head multiple times. “Why didn’t you drink them? That’s the reason why your condition’s getting worse, Miss Moore. You need to drink them. I’ll pres-“

“I’m not sick!” I finally screamed, losing the calm demeanor I tried to put up. 

The doctor looked taken aback, her gaze on me staying. She narrowed her eyes. “Calm down, Lynette. I’m not saying you’re sick. It’s just that… look at yourself, you weren’t like this before.”

“It’s because of those pills,” I retorted, standing up from the chair in front of her table. She had no right to say that to me; she was just some doctor that my parents recommended. She couldn’t tell me what to do.

She rubbed her temple, showing obvious discontentment with what I just said. “It’s because you didn’t drink those pills,” she corrected, scribbling something on the paper and handing it to me. “Now, please, don’t be stubborn. Drink these, and I promise you– you’ll be what you want to be.”

Perfect was the first thing that came into my mind. 

Maybe if I was the perfect one, Calum would come back to me. He’d finally understand and stay with me. 

That was it. 

That was what I should do, right?

Drink the pills. I should drink them, and Calum would give me another chance. I wouldn’t tell him to be perfect, because I was already perfect. 

Everything would be in place.

I just needed to drink these.