twenty-nine: good

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE:

| lynette’s pov |

The thing that I’ve always been scared of happened. I’m sick, and it’s much even worse than that. I don’t even know what the fuck this is called anymore.

Was there something that I’ve done to deserve all of this? Because I don’t remember killing anybody or threatening anyone. 

And that’s the thing about me– I don’t fucking remember anything else. All I can think of is the good, the good, and the good.

There’s not a damn thing about my pet dog dying or failing a major exam. I’m trying my best to recall something bad, anyone who has hurt me so much.

But all I’m left with is the dream I had before, and that’s all. 

Calum– that’s all my mind is screaming. He’s the answer to all of this, but I’m afraid of knowing now. 

Because it may just be a lie again, if I trust myself with all of this. I should ask my mom or a doctor. Just not him, just not what my thoughts are telling me.

Reaching for the pills on my side and the half-full glass beside it, I drink it.

I close my eyes.

I open them.

I close my eyes again.

I open them again.

And I see him.

I see him standing there, with a bright smile on his face.

I see him standing there, with sad eyes.

I see him standing there, fading away.

The knocks pounding on my door are what I hear now; it’s probably him, or I’m just imagining things again. 

It’s not until I hear him shout for my name that I get up from my bed. 

“Lynette! Open the door!” He sounds so concerned and angry that I know this time, it’s real. 

Please, be real.

I opened it and found him, sweat running down his forehead as he pulled me in a hug. “You weren’t going to kill yourself, right?”

A dry laugh escapes my lips. “I want to, believe me.”