Lay With Me So It Doesn't hurt

I woke up tangled under blankets with Cam.

His arm was draped protectively around me, his light wheezing blowing loose strands of my hair against my cheek.

I shifted slightly, careful not to wake him as I traced the bruises on his face, the black and blue marks forming beneath each eye.

"I love you touching me and all," His quiet voice broke through my thoughts, "but I'm trying to sleep, Blake." I laid my head back against his chest, shutting my eyes as the thoughts of what happened last night began to circle back around me.

The second that Cam had gotten that Jacob had been the one who did it, or attempted to do it, he had hunted him down and they had fought in the middle of the party. Cam hadn't gotten hurt too bad considering a few of Jake's friends had jumped in during the fight.

Jacob was the one that ended up being taken to the hospital for a concussion after Cam pushed him back and he had stumbled back drunkenly and tripped.

"How do you feel?" I slid my hands under the loose white shirt he was wearing and pushed it up his waist until I could see his bandaged chest.

Mom had agreed to help him without taking him back to the hospital, bandaging him up where he needed it and filling a prescription for him I'd probably have to pick up.

"Like shit?" It came out as a question, "How about you, beautiful?" He brushed his thumb along my jaw.

"I'm fine, Cam." I touched the bandage on his left side gently, my eyes stinging when I felt him wince in pain.

"No, you're not." he shifted, cursing and hissing under his breath. He waited until he was looking over at me to stop moving, his cheeks bright red with exertion.

"Cam-"

"Blake." He said, just as quietly.

"I'm scared." I confessed, feeling as if a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders a fraction.

"Of what? Us? Our relationship? Blake, we're going to be fine. Even if this romantic relationship thing doesn't work, I'll always love you." I smiled, slipping my hand beneath his.

"I. . . I know, Cam. It's not just that." I kissed his bruised knuckles, "I'm scared of what's going to happen with James, what else Mom is lying to me about, meeting Brianna. And. . . and I'm scared we didn't use protection." He shut his eyes, his eyelashes fanning his cheeks similar to the way Wes' had, leaving me to admire them for a moment as he started to respond.

"Have you checked your wastebasket?" He questioned, clenching my hand in his, "Because if you haven't, I'm going to have to tickle you to death." I gasped, slapping the air instead of his shoulder, playfully.

"You're in no condition to tickle me, Cam." He chuckled, then winced in pain once more, nodding.

"You're right. I'll just get Raymond to do it. He seems to like you enough." I laughed.

"Likes? He loves me, Cam. Way more than you." He smiled, but it didn't go any further than that. I felt anger and my own pain creep up on me as I stared at him.

"As for James, all I can say is do what your heart tells you to do. Usually, it knows best, especially if it isn't clouded by the thoughts in your head." I snuggled back against his chest again, feeling him rest his head against me.

"Your mother, I'd just give her a chance to explain everything and her reasoning behind it before you turn your back on her or force yourself to never forgive her. You love her and you know how much she loves you, Blake. She'd do anything in the world to protect you." I nodded, rubbing his arm.