Chapter One - Welcome to Republic City

I looked enchanted around me. Republic City was the center of multiculturalism and modern technology. People gathered from all of the Four Nations and they built a City that became the most beautiful one in the Earth Kingdom.

I made my way out of the ship that had started three days ago from the Fire Nation. I wanted to travel the world. See its beauteous places. I never was related to Avatar Aang or anyone else of his friends and I never was a bender. But I always felt different. The unique power I possessed was always frightening.

I was only five when I realized that I could hear the thoughts of all the people around me. It drove me mad. I could read their thoughts, feel their pain and all those people's sorrow haunted me. So I ran away, abandoned my family from the Northern Water Tribe and traveled at the Air Nomads. My first stop was the Northern Air Temple. There I learned spiritually controlling my powers and some techniques so I could protect myself.

During the years I shifted my way through all the Air Temples around the world. I specialized in all the martial arts and at many weapons, mostly at the Octagon Sais and I kept these weapons always with me. Leaving the Air Temples I traveled at the Fire Nation. Fire Lord Zuko changed that Estate to the best and when he retired, he taught his daughter to do the same. People stopped being frightened of the Fire Lord's power and they lived freely for once in a hundred years.

Years have passed since then. I arrived in Republic City at the age of twenty-two. And I was one of the many people who traveled to marvel the beauty of modern technology and architecture.

I turned and looked at the Air Temple Island. I stood on Republic City's harbor and I had just gotten out of the ship I've been traveling in the last three days. It wasn't much different from the Air Temples. But it was beautiful. Trees gathered around the tower and it could be seen a big garden with many benches. But there was also a harbor too.

What attracted most my attention was Avatar Aang's statue that also rested on an island some meters away from the Air Temple Island. It was huge picturing Aang holding his staff and looking towards the great City he had built with the help of Fire Lord Zuko and Earth King Kuei.

I turned around and tried to focus on what to do next. I saw many cars moving in different directions of all the streets around, something that reminded me that I had to learn driving for once in my life. But I was used to walking. All these years I had walked miles and miles by feet through most of the Nations. I only carried a suitcase with me, with some clothes and my Sais I had taken from the Air Temples. I once again started walking in the streets of the City. I barely knew where I was going since I had just gotten there, but I knew I could figure something out. I always did.

Before I was able to make a step further at one of the streets I had reached I suddenly noticed that there were no people around me. Only three robbing a man's shop that seemed that he wasn't able to pay them.

"I'm sorry business has been slow, please, take one of my phonographs," The man said presenting to him a red nice one.

I heard the voice of a woman behind me saying "You should leave, young woman, it isn't safe" she had white hair and she wore purple clothes. But I wasn't going to leave until I see everything that was about to happen.

The three other men didn't seem to be the most polite ones. The one wore a purple cape upon his clothes and a hat matching his outfit. The other two were wearing black clothes difficult for me to recognize what they were. The one with the black clothes suddenly kicked the phonograph and he fire-bended it making it fall and turn into ashes. The man who owned the shop immediately run away and covered himself with his hands afraid to see what was about to come next.