Chapter Nine: Aftermath

3rd Person's POV.

"Hey, Karel, I'm going to the Arena. Mako and Bolin will be moving out of the place since it was blown up and-"

"...and you convinced Tenzin to take them in," Karel said. Her gaze was still focused on the book in front of her. It was a scary old Air Nomad tale named 'Ghost Town'.

Jinora had suggested it.

Korra sighed. It was pointless to even talk at her. She always knew what everyone was going to say. "Do you wanna come?"

"Nope, have fun," Karel said dryly.

"Aren't you bored sitting all day meditating and reading books?" Korra asked almost frustrated by the fact that Karel was incredibly indifferent the last days.

"It's called 'not-wasting-my-time-fooling-around' thing. You should try it," Karel said keeping her gaze pinned on the pages.

Korra growled angrily and she turned her back and started walking away. "Fine! Have fun with your books!"

"I am having fun, you're just interrupting it!"

"Whatever!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Korra returned to Air Temple Island where she found Karel at the very same position reading the same book. But Korra was way angrier to notice the oddness of it.

Korra growled exasperated and she sat beside Karel. "I can't believe it! Asami had already made sure she'd take Mako and Bolin in!"

Karel didn't say except than a positive "Mmm-hmm,"

"You already knew that didn't you?" Korra asked.

"Yup," Karel answered. Of course, she knew it, it was part of the plan, actually.

Amon had to make sure that no suspicions of Sato being cooperating with him should be ascended, so he'd take in his own house two benders. Simple.

"You read Asami's mind the last time we-"

"Yes,"

"Stop interrupting me!"

"Sorry,"

"So, Asami invited me and you tomorrow at the Sato Estate. Should we go?" Korra asked.

Well, that was the call she expected. Amon had told her that one of the two members of the Sato family would inform her about the rest of the plan. That was a chance to get in touch.

"Well, let's see what's so great about that Sato Estate, shall we?"

Korra didn't suspect a thing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When they entered the Sato Mansion... it was so big. Karel knew that the Sato family was rich but... not like that. A servant led them to the pool where Mako, Bolin and Asami were swimming in.

"Hey! I'm glad you two made it," Asami said.

"Welcome to paradise," Bolin said swimming around the pool.

"Looks like you guys settled right in," Korra said sourly as they both sat on one of the deck chairs.

"Pretty much, except someone forgot to ask her father if we could stay here," Mako said giving a look at Asami.

"Yeah, but I smoothed it over with him. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission," Asami said.

Karel rolled her eyes. She was lying... apparently.