Chapter Two - Life on Air Temple Island

Next day's morning came smoothly. I opened my eyes because of the morning sun's light that entered through my opened window. I forced myself into waking up until I realized that Korra was awake as well and I met her at the way to the dining room for breakfast.

"Good morning, Korra" I said smiling kindly at her.

"Good morning, Karel" She said back at me and then she commented "Man, these beds are so hard" she said stretching her arms and touching her waist.

"I know, luckily I've gotten used to it" I agreed.

"Used to it?" Korra asked confused.

"Yeah all these years with the Air Acolytes" I answered until we reached a big room with a squared table in the middle of it and all the family gathered around.

It was Tenzin, his pregnant wife Pema and the three little monsters, Jinora, Ikki and Meelo. There was also served Air Nomad food. I always hated it. Not too much salt and keeping the vegetarian tradition always. It mostly seemed that the Air Nomads liked eating tasteless food because of their stupid traditions.

I sat down beside Korra and Meelo whose gaze I felt staring at me from the moment I entered the room. "Good morning" Tenzin said taking a sip from his tea.

"Good morning, Master Tenzin" Korra and I said in unison and she turned and looked at confusedly.

"Please, this is my-" Tenzin tried to say but I cut him.

"Your wife..." I said and I looked at her who was sitting right beside him and opposite of me at the table "...Such an honor to meet you Pema" I said and I smiled to her kindly.

"It's nice to meet you too. When Tenzin contacted with some of the Air Acolytes they say that there are chances you might be an air bender" Pema said smiling at me back.

"Who did you talk with? Monk Cheng, he always had this strange illusion that I might be an air bender" I said as I turned and looked at Tenzin who was constantly playing with his mustache.

"Still, I need to know if another air bender exists so I can teach him or her" Tenzin said as he continued eating his food.

I served myself some of the vegetables that existed in the middle of the table and I placed the two fingers of my hand to the side of my head as to read Tenzin's mind in order to find out whom he had talked with and what he had planned to do. He had indeed talked with Monk Cheng. He was the one who owned the Northern Air Temple which was one of my first stops when I left my homeland. Next thing he planned to do was throw the blank plate he had right beside his to me.

I stopped reading his mind and I continued eating small cut pieces of carrots and oranges. Without turning my gaze and keeping it pilled on my breakfast I immediately wrapped the plate with my right hand while the left was holding the spoon. I placed the plate back beside mine and raised my gaze at him.

"You did it on purpose" I said.

"Stop reading my mind" Tenzin said.

"And as I said before I'm not a bender. I've never been" I said again.

"But you have the reflexes of a true Air Bending Master" Tenzin said and I ignored him. I continued eating my breakfast until the food I had placed on my plate disappeared. I turned and looked at Meelo beside me who smiled widely.

"You're really good for a spy" he said smiling.

"I'm not a spy, Meelo, I'm just a telepath, okay?" I said annoyed of having the little thingy thinking that I'm a spy.