Chapter Three: Captured

Next day came like all the others. Korra was missing early in the morning going for practicing with her teammates and I focused more at learning new Air bending techniques Jinora showed me.

"You extend your hand like that remaining in the stance, and pass right under your opponent" Jinora said "Like this!" she walked towards me and suddenly extended her hand at my face and she passed right under my left hand to the other side still blocking me from moving and hit me powerfully at the back making me fall down with a huge pain in the backside. I rolled over the ground sprawling on it and looked at her smirking while she stared at me with an ironical smile.

"Seems like you enjoy beating me up all the time," I said smirking and remaining on the ground without the courage to wake up.

"I never had the chance to beat a grown up before", Jinora said smiling at me and she extended her hand to help me stand at my feet.

I wrapped her hand in order to wake up but as she drifted me up she punched me in my face causing another pain at my left cheek and making me fall down, hit the ground again. I placed my left hand on my cheek trying to stop the pain. I couldn't believe I was getting my butt kicked by a twelve-year-old constantly like I was a novice.

"Man, did Tenzin tell you to toughen me up?" I asked angrily as I managed to wake up by my own.

"You already know the answer," Jinora said standing in front of me smiling ironically.

I read her mind and I realized that it was indeed Tenzin's doing. He really freaked me out. That man didn't take a 'no' for an answer.

"He's so convinced that you're an air bender and so he's trying to push you, " Jinora said and she attacked me again but I blocked her hand while she was trying to punch me. I didn't speak as I was trying to beat that little monster with all the moves and Martial Arts I had learned back at the Fire Nation.

I passed my feet at hers making her lose her balance and fall down. But she woke immediately up again pushing all her power at her feet. I gave her a side-kick which she actually avoided. I read her mind and I was able to realize what would be her next moves. She had planned to punch me at the bell again and give a strong hit at my head. But I avoided the punch, pass behind her and I quickly hit her powerfully at her back making her fall down and wince. As she fell down she passed again her feet under mine and making me lose my balance again making me fall down as well.

We both started laughing. We were the same as good and beat each other up. I tried to wake up and I helped her wake up as well. We bowed again at each other finishing the morning sparring and we started heading back to the temple for lunch.

"Tell me what happened with Mako?" She said suddenly.

"What?!" I exclaimed. I really wasn't expecting that. "What should happen? I went there, saved them and returned back" I answered simply.

"And you're expecting to make him love you back?" Jinora asked, "You're really bad at this you know that?" She asked again.

"I'm not trying to do anything. He is happy with, whoever he is now, and I'm not expecting anything" I exclaimed, "You're twelve years old, what do you know about these things?"

The conversation did not continue as Pema walked out of the house we had almost reached at and she urged us to go for lunch. The whole family had gathered there so as Korra. I sat between Jinora and Meelo who looked at me impatiently as well. That kid freaked me more and more each time I saw him. He really wanted me for his girlfriend.

"We are gracious for this delicious food, with joy and-" Tenzin tried to say before he was interrupted.

"I'm not interrupting, am I?" we all heard a voice coming from behind and we all turned and looked at the door of the room.