Chapter Five: Along with the Plan

Next morning I woke up once again thanks to the sun's morning light that entered my window. I dressed up quickly and I exited my room. I walked across the corridor and I finally reached the dining room where all the family with Korra was gathered for breakfast. When Korra's gaze fell on me she immediately woke up and she walked towards me hugging me tightly. She was worried of me as well and reading her thoughts I was able to realize that Tenzin had already explained what I had said last night.

"Karel, are you okay?" she asked as she fended away and she looked at me with a worried look at her face.

I smiled at her and I answered "Yeah, I'm fine. Tenzin told me that you finally joined the Task-Force with Councilman Tarrlock" I said.

"Yes, we've been looking for you all day, I was worried when I learned that chi-blockers ambushed you that night" she said as she walked towards her seat and sat down. I sat beside her.

"We're glad to have you back safe" Pema said as she served me some vegetables.

"It's good to be back" I said and I gave her a smile as I thanked her for placing food at my plate.

"So, what are the plans for today?" Korra asked. This was indeed a question I was intending to ask in my mind. "Tarrlock invites you to join us at the Task-Force" she said.

I knew I couldn't follow them. If I had to get through the plan I and Amon had composed I had to get to the Arena and find a way for Amon to enter on stage the night at the Finals. "I'm sorry, but I need some days to relax a little and I'll think of it" I answered. I felt Jinora's suspicious gaze pilled on me and I took a reading of her mind. She was suspecting something. She knew me well enough to understand if I was lying or not.

"Okay" Korra said nodding and she continued eating her breakfast.

After breakfast, I needed to do something and push all this away, this pressure of being at the both sides of a situation. Following the bad person lying at everyone only to keep the ones I loved safe. No one would understand in the end whatever I had done was right or wrong. I walked at the training area and I started repeating my Air bending forms. It's been quite a long time since I had done them back at the Air Temples, but my fighting skills were always the one thing I needed to burst when I was upset, and I was quite grateful that I was alone that moment. I knew sooner or later I'd have to get to the Arena and test its construction. I also had to inform Amon about Tarrlock's offer at joining his Task-Force.

But for the moment I continued punching and kicking maniacally one of the many trees of the island. It really was what I needed. But that didn't last. I could feel someone approaching from behind. I didn't even bother to read this someone's mind. I was so focused at punching the tree, until I realized that the one behind me was about to attack me. I immediately turned around and I saw Jinora on her way at punching me. I wrapped her hand preventing her from punching me and I turned it around causing her a huge pain and making her wince. She climbed on my hand and passed her right foot around my head and she pushed me down. I fell unceremoniously at the ground and she stood on me in a perfect fighting stance ready to strike. I felt a strong pain at my back and I remained at the ground for a small moment. She beat me again. Without even using her bending. That girl was indeed a natural.

I sighed and I finally woke up. "You know, there are punching bags if you want to hit something" she said and she looked down at my hands saying "I'd say that the trees are a bit too hard for a human hand" she said.

I looked down at my hands and I recognized the red color of blood coloring them. Shit! I thought. I had managed once again to hurt myself like I always did. "I didn't even notice" I said.