Chapter Seven: Love Flows in the Air

Next morning I woke up thanks to the sun's light that entered my room. My stupid head reminded me that the very same night I'll be dining with Amon. It was literally the worst way to begin a day. What a foolish plan I had in my mind that kept reminding me constantly of what I should do and how to act. I had to toughen my skills and remember my forms as to be ready for any kind of conditions my 'talk' with Amon would come to.

I emerged myself, regretfully, off my bed and I set off quickly to change. I took a quick shower and seeing the cloudy weather I chose my grey gabardine. I hadn't worn it in a while and the last two have been off to laundry. Most of my trousers were black, and that didn't surprise me. Black shades were the colors I've been using the last years, I never really minded my appearance. I took a green shirt that had a small cut at the breasts but not big enough.

Last things I should put on were my boots. I twisted my both Sais at the fingers of my both hands for once again and I placed them at their cases in my boots. Even for breakfast I took the Sais everywhere. There were troublesome times and I needed to be ready for anything. And not being a bender was an extra fear.

I walked out my room and I shifted my way down the hall and finally reaching the dining room where the entire family had been taking their breakfast except Korra. I didn't even need to ask of where she was. I read Tenzin's mind first and found out that she was off practicing with her teammates in the Pro-bending Arena.

"Good morning" I said and I heard most of them greeting me with the same word. I sat between Jinora and Meelo and I once again ate Air Nomad food. I couldn't help but sigh and place some vegetables to my plate. I noticed Tenzin ready to inform me of the reason of Korra's absence. He took a deep breath to speak and I cut him saying "I know, Korra's off practicing Pro-bending"

Tenzin sighed considering the idea of talking to me useless though I already knew what he had to say. "I was hoping you could tell her to come back and resume her-" he tried to say as I cut him again.

"...air bending training, okay. When I'm finished with the breakfast, I'll go" I said.

"Stop reading my mind," Tenzin said annoyed.

I literally didn't know what to answer. It was a bad habit I couldn't stop and I wasn't able to discover the extend of my power and to control it. "Sorry, I, just, haven't learned controlling it yet" I said and I continued eating my breakfast.

"Have you discovered if you're a bender, yet?" Tenzin asked.

This was an annoying question I was tired of hearing from him. I sighed desperately and I tried as kindly as I could to answer "No, how many times do I have to tell you, I am not a bender" I said spelling the last words.

"Some of the Air Acolytes around the Air Temples report that you might be an Air bender" He said raising an eyebrow.

"Look, I'm not a bender at all, there are only five Air benders in the entire world and I'm certainly not one of them" I said half annoyed as I finally had finished my breakfast and I woke up. "I'm going to bring Korra back" I said and I started walking away. I walked towards the harbor where the Air Acolytes took me to the other side of the shore.

I walked once again in the long distances of the harbor until I finally reached the Arena. I could only assume that by the time I entered the gym they were done with their training and Korra would be ready to return back to the Air Temple Island.

"Hey, guys," I said making their attention fall on me as I walked towards them after I heard them yelling 'We're ready!'

They all turned and greeted me good morning as I gave them a kind smile. But their attention flew away from me as Asami entered the room saying "Not quite..." I turned around and I saw holding some orange suits in her hands "...you'll need these,"