Smuggled letter

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lyra's eyes fluttered and groan escaped from her mouth. She looked at her alarm clock.

5: 00 AM

She sighed and sat up. She was in her small apartment in Winnipeg. Stormers stadion was halfway between Winnipeg and Stonewall and this was only place she could find so early.
She stood up and stretched. Time for morning run.

Amandine gave her few tips at the beggining. Now when she was in real team and could possibly even represent country, she has to stay in shape. Amandine gave her an advice that running is really good for that and also help her clean her mind, especially after hearing news from Britain. Fear and misery filled that country, ministry was run by death eaters, Voldemort was on rise, again.

She sighed and looked at the framed photo on her nightstand. It was only photography with her mother she had. They took it at Christmas Day, week after she found her. They both were so happy, they looked happy at the picture. She smiled, went toward her suitcase and found some warm clothes.

It was 6:30 when she came back all sweaty but with clear mind but her heart nearly stopped when she saw what's behind her window. It was Ron's little owl and he was knocking at it furiously. Lyra run fast toward the window, opened it and let the owl in. Owl dropped a letter and sat down at the bedsheet. Lyra closed the window, grab a letter and opened it. She immediately recognized Ginny's handwritting.

Dear Lyra,

I hope you're doing good out there. It has been two months since you're away and we miss you. I'm in Hogwarts or should I say Hellwards? You wouldn't believe what's going on here. Snape is a principal, Carrows are teaching here. It's bad Lyra, very bad. Defence Against Dark Art is now only Dark Arts, Muggle studies are now compulsory subject, they're teaching students that muggles are 'like animals, stupid and dirty' and 'how the natural order is being restored' . It's awful!

It's midnight right now and I'm writting this in the Room of Requirement. Carrows don't even know that here is something like that. Believe me, smuggling the post is really hard but it's worth it. I won't write it here, just in case.
Luna and Neville are here with me.

There were two sentences in different handwritting.

Hi Lyra, don't worry, we fight as hard as we can. - Neville

Hi sis, I miss you and I hope you're safe. - Moony

She smiled at Luna's message. Even if she wasn't her sister, Luna still considered her as one because there is no need to be blood related, she was still her family.

You may be asking where the trio and your mother are, oh Lyra if I only knew. Nobody has seen them since the wedding. Trio escaped right away, your mother did the same. We just know that death eaters haven't find them yet because if they did, they would celebrate.
We have to go, I hope that this letter will be delivered.

Stay safe,

Ginny, Neville and Luna

There was something else in the envelope beside the letter. She pull it out and smiled. It was a little crumpled photography of her and Luna at Bill's wedding. Luna had her crazy rainbow dress and tiara and Lyra had simple blue dress that ended just above her knees. Both had blond hair and grey eyes, they really could be sisters.

Lyra put an envelope and photography at the table and gave a little owl some watter and few biscuits that owl gladly took. Lyra knew that little owl absolved a hard and long trip and that he needed some time to rest. While a little owl was eating his deserved food, Lyra showered, dressed in her normal clothes (jeans, sneakers, plain black and white baseball tee, leather jacket and Ravenclaw scarft), grab her bag and carefully folded her newly given photography into inner pocket of her jacket.

"Please don't damage it here while I'm out, okay?" she smiled at the small owl and left her apartment. Other reason why she was living in Winnipeg was her part time job. Her trainings started everyday at 8 PM sharp, her job started every day at 7:30 and ended at 15:00, she had to pay bills somehow.

She took a walk through a park nearby and soon she was there. Fancy looking apartment complex. Yep, she was babysitter. Her teammate, Kevin, recommended her to his sister who worked at the ministry and was searching for somebody to watch after her two kids. Kevin's sister was nice woman and her kids were wonderful so she took that job. She was doing it for two months now.

"Lana! Good morning. Come in." a woman in her late 20's opened the door and let her in. 

"Hi Sam. Where are the kids?" 

"In their beds. I didn't want to wake them, we had rough night." she sighed while sitting down at the table motioning at Lyra to sit down too. 

"Why? What happened?" 

Samantha waved her wand and two mugs filled with coffee floated to them form the kitchen. "I'm not suppose to tell anyone but since it's about Britain, you should know." 

"What about Britain?" 

"Lana, it's bad. I don't know how much you know." she looked down at her mug. "British Ministry has fallen as you know, death eaters practically rule everything." 

"Yes I know that."

"But now it's worse. They're not only attacking magical world, now they're attackung muggle world too. Killing people, destroying houses, making chaos everywhere. Muggles are scared and they're running away. Guess where." 

"Here."a word came out in whisper. 

Samantha nodded. "Yes. Hundreds of them. Prime minister doesn't know what to do, what say to people. And my department has to come to every muggle that has come to Canada and change their memories. But it's too much." she sighed and sipped from her mug. 

"What time you came home last night?" Lana asked noticing bags under her eyes.

 "Two in the morning. Paperwork. I have mountains of papers at my table."

"It's gonna get better Sam."

"I don't know Lana. With You-Know-Who ruling magic world again, you can't be sure with anything." she looked at her watch and stood up. 

"I have to go. Tell kids that I love them. Bye."

(skip to quidditch training)

She entered changing room with events from Britain still playing in her head. 

"Hi!" Kevin smiled at his teammate but she gave him only small smile. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" she just shrugged and opened her locker. Her hand traveled into inner pocket of her jacket and pull out a photography she received earlier. She smiled at it and with her wand she attached it into her locker.

"Your sister?" Kevin asked her changing a subject. "Yeah, she send me a letter this morning." she sighed and pull out her brand new jersey.

"You miss them don't you?"

"Every single day."