Continue Annie Adams and the Mystery Club Detectives

The girls sat on one of the sofas in front of the fireplace.  "Now then..."  Annie said, opening the album; Trisha, Beth and Katie leaned in to look.  There were photos of Sara, Annie's mother and her four best friends, in various funny poses in and out of the school.  "That's my Mom!"  Annie said pointing.

     "She's pretty.  I'll bet she still is."  Trisha said.  "I'm sure she is beautiful now.  She's in heaven."  "Oh, I'm so sorry."  Trisha said, wishing she hadn't said anything.  "Don't feel bad."  Annie said with a small smile.  "My parents died when I was two.  I don't remember them.  My aunt and uncle told me all about them though, and they made a great decision when they put it their will that auntie Anne and Uncle Bud would raise me if anything happened to them; I have a wonderful life."  Annie said, as she turned the last page of the album.

     "That's good."  Trisha said, just as Beth pointed to an envelope taped to the inside of the back cover.  "What's  that?  She asked.  "It has your name on it!"  Katie said excitedly.  Annie pulled the old yellowed envelope from the cover.  The tape that was holding it in place, fell apart in her hands, and yellow dust particles fell into her lap.

     "Annie."  Beth said her name in a whisper.  "Would you rather read it in private?"  Annie smiled up at her and nodded.  "How about the rest of us go and get a coke."  Beth suggested. with a head gesture to Trisha and Katie, who got up at once.  "Do you want something?"  Beth asked, as she and the girls walked away.  "A Sprite.  Thanks."  Annie said.  Beth gave her a thumbs up, and then they were gone.

     Annie carefully opened the precious letter.  Her heart picked up speed as she unfolded it.  It was old indeed, but the print stood out dark and clear.

                                        To My Sweet Annie,

                  If you're reading this, you are now at Ridgemont, my old almamater.  And Ruthie has given you my album.  Thank her for me, will ya?  I hope you're not too anger at me. I know it must have been hard to leave your wonderful auntie and uncle to go to a strange place.  But I had so much fun there Baby.  I just wanted you to spread your wings and fly a little bit; have new experiences...."

     "I'm not mad at you Mom."  Annie said, wiping tears from her eyes.

                I know Ruthie, so I know she's told you of my friends and my exploits we got up to at school.  But I know she told you the good we did too.  Although,  the sheriff did tell us, we made him look bad more than once....

     Annie giggled.

                 Being part of The Mystery Club Detectives was the most fun I had in my life;  second to being your mom....

     Annie wiped the tears trickling down her face once again.

                  Well, I'm gonna close now.  I'm sure I should be polishing halos or the golden gates, or something....

     Annie laughed through her tears.

                 Never forget Honey, how much Jesus, your Dad and I love you, and will forever. 

                                                                                                          I love you always, Mom.