ₜwₒ

Taking a breather, Prince set his sword down. For hours, he had been training himself and practiced certain moves for when he found Anxiety.

He knew that he didn't have any proof that Anxiety left against his will but he was aware that he wouldn't just leave Missy behind for no reason.

And so he trained, and trained, and trained. It seemed so endless, but Prince needed to make sure he was prepared for when he found Anxiety.

Every day, he would create a random monster to battle for his training and every day he would defeat it. After defeating one monster, he would either take an hour break to try and figure out what happened or fight another one. Prince would go to Anxiety's room and search for the entire time and, when he came up with nothing, would go back to defeating monsters.

Only at noon would he allow himself to rest really. He would eat with Pranks, Missy, Morality, and Logic as they all looked at him. Deep down, he knew that they were all concerned for his well being, but he really couldn't care about himself when Anxiety was still missing.

He would only take breaks to eat or, if Missy demanded him to, he would stop momentarily.

But then he would go back, and it would be the same deal once again.

Prince wiped the sweat off his forehead as he collapsed on the ground. For weeks he had been looking for any clue to what had happened, and he still had nothing. He had little hope already, and he felt it diminishing every day. But, he still forced himself to look for something. He forced himself to stay in perfect condition just in case he did find something and needed to fight something or someone.

After the short five minutes of Prince sitting on the ground, he grabbed his sword and put it on the hilt of his belt and walked towards Anxiety's bedroom. He always had a sword on him now because he didn't want to lose anyone else. If anyone, let alone Missy, was captured he would blame himself once again. Prince didn't think I would be able to get back up if that happened.

When he arrived in front of the door that led to Anxiety's bedroom, he paused. It pained him every time he went in there, but I knew he had to do something because the others weren't trying and if they weren't trying then no progress would be made.

As he opened the door, he looked at everything once again. He had touched things but put everything in the same place just in case it could show importance later. He walked to the bed and searched under it for what felt like the millionth time and, not to his surprise, there was nothing there.

Next, he checked on Anxiety's dresser. There was a framed picture of Missy and Prince on the top, and Prince picked it up. He'd looked at the picture plenty of times, but it still felt like something was off about it. He actually loved this picture and was glad it was the one Anxiety chose to keep. He placed the picture back down and moved to Anxiety's make up that lay on the dresser. There was his eyeshadow that didn't have a message of any kind on it, as far as Prince had seen. He placed down that and picked up the foundation.

This brought a small smile to his face as he remembered the few times he had walked in on Anxiety putting it on. He put it back down and checked the rest of the things in the dresser, but came up with nothing.

He opened the top drawer that had all of Anxiety's socks and underwear in it. It was nearly divided, and Prince had checked multiple times for any note or something. Each time, though, he came up with nothing. Just like he did this time.

The other drawers, Prince had learned, were only filled with random objects.

The second drawer down had sunglasses and bouncy balls and even a tiny notebook that had writing in it but definitely wasn't a clue. It was all about how much he really cared about everyone which, Prince had to admit, was adorable.

The third drawer down just had empty notebooks and writing utensils. Prince knew the notebooks were empty because he checked all of them single-handedly. There were a lot of them, and Prince had taken the time to sit down and flip through every single empty page just to make sure.

The final drawer was locked, much to Prince's surprise. He didn't know what was in there but couldn't get into it. He tried picking the lock, but it seemed like only the key could open the drawer. And Prince was talented at picking locks, too.

After looking through everything, Prince went to Anxiety's desk. There was a laptop closed on it, and Prince had looked through every file he could find but came up with nothing. He reminded himself to ask Logic of he could check through it. Prince knew Logic was quite the hacker. (Even Morality didn't know about it until Logic brought it up at dinner once.)

As Prince opened the drawer on the right side, he looked through the clutter in there. He despised going through this drawer because, unlike everything else, it was a mess. There was headphones, random pencils and pens, earbuds (Really, how many of those did Anxiety need?), and a bunch of other clutter.

Admittedly, Prince hadn't taken a close look through this drawer because he knew he wouldn't be able to put anything back in its respectful place. This time, as he was losing hope, he emptied the drawer of all its objects. He looked at every single thing twice before looking back at the drawer. Prince sighed angrily as he still came up with nothing. He kicked the desk in his fit of anger but was confused when he heard a rattle from the empty drawer in front of him.

Prince furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the drawer. Pulling the entire thing out, he noticed a small opening on the bottom. Prince quickly searched for a pencil, and when he found one, he put it in the opening. Slowly pulling it up, Prince was surprised to find that it had been a false bottom.

Prince grinned at this because it was just so Anxiety to make a mess drawer just to have a false bottom to hide something.

Prince carefully took out the ringed notebook from the drawer and began to look through it. This was obviously Anxiety's journal, and Prince looked through the dates. There was a lot of entries from a long time ago, and Anxiety obviously didn't write in it every day. Prince skipped the beginning pages and found the last few pages.

As he read through these, he realized this could be useful before he even finished reading them. He stood up and ran.

He was running through the halls as fast as he possibly could and when he was supposed to turn he almost ran into the wall. He stopped himself just in time and ran harder into the living room. Morality and Logic were in there, and those were just the people he needed. They could help him figure out what the writing meant. Prince knew it was Anxiety's writing because they used to trade notes, so I was extremely excited.

Out of breath, he doubled over with his hands on his knees.

"Prince, what happened?" Morality asked, getting up from the couch and walking towards Prince.

Prince had gained Logic's attention as well at this point.

"I think-" Prince paused as he regained his breath, "I think I found something."