ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

“Sit on the toilet, Logic," Morality requested as he bent down to grab any and all medical supplies that they had.

Logic complied, staying silent as he did. He rubbed his cheek, which now had a huge red mark on it.

"Do you want to talk?" Morality asked softly as he gently turned Logic's head. He examined the red parts of Logic's face.

Logic slowly shook his head. He didn't want to talk at all. He kept his gaze to the ground as Morality continued to turn his head in certain angles.

"Okay. If you decide that you want to talk about it, just tell me," Morality started, letting go of Logic's face and rummaging around in the cabinets for a first aid kit. "Is it okay to put peroxide that close to your eye? It looks scratched..."

Logic tried to say something but cleared his throat when he realized that what he said had been unclear. He tried again."No, I would use Neosporin if any skin has been broken on a face."

"Okay," said Morality as he took out a red bag. He looked through the bag until he found a small bottle of Neosporin. He put some on his finger and spread it on Logic's cheek.

"I think this is going to bruise, so we should probably ice it. Should I put a bandaid on the scratches?"

"It wouldn't hurt," Logic quietly said.

Logic's gaze followed Morality as he looked for a larger bandaid. When he found one, he peeled off the paper and carefully put it on Logic's cheek. Logic watched as Morality pulled an ice pack out of the first aid kit and cracked it. Logic reached out for it and Morality placed it into his hands. He put it on his cheek and winced at the cold.

"Are you sure you're okay, Logan? I know something like that wasn't good for you mentally, considering..." Morality trailed off.

"Can we just go to our bedroom, please?" Logic whispered, his words barely audible.

Morality nodded, standing up and giving Logic a hand to take. He stood up too and held Morality's hand as they walked swiftly through the halls to their bedroom. Logic flinched when they passed both Prince and Anxiety's bedrooms. Morality rubbed his back each time, whispering something in his ear that Logic couldn't even comprehend, due to the ringing in his ears. When they got to their bedroom, Logic immediately curled up on the bed.

"Patton, am I a bad Father?" Logic whispered as tears arose in his eyes.

"No, of course not. You're trying to make things better and putting in an effort. That makes you a good father," Morality said as he got onto the bed and hugged Logic. "You're giving it your all to make up for what you've done, and that's good. Anxiety's not Anxiety right now, okay? He was in the wrong, I promise."

"But... but he's my son. He's the one that experiences my fathering..." Logic whimpered as the tears that came down his cheeks.

Morality was quick to wipe them away. "Listen, Logan. He's wrong. I think he just needs time to calm down and recover. Right now, he isn't in the right mindset. You can't trust what he says, you're a good father."

Logic nodded and pulled Morality close, burying his head into the older trait’s chest. His heart ached because he knew that what Anxiety said was correct. He wasn't going to be able to make up for all those years.

It's not that he didn't trust Morality, but he couldn't believe what he was being told.

He was a terrible father, and his sons deserved someone a lot better.

He stayed in Morality's arms for hours, silently crying. He didn't move until there was a knocking at the bedroom door.

"Who is it?" Asked Morality.

The door slowly creaked open and Logic turned his head to see who was at the door. He was surprised to see Missy there.

"Missy? What do you need, kiddo?"

"I had a nightmare again..." Missy whispered, playing with his hands and looking at his feet.

Logic furrowed his eyebrows. "Don't you usually go to Prince or Anxiety?" His voice rough.

"I don't think they like me much anymore," Misleading Compliments mumbled.

"I'm sure that isn't true, but you can come into the bed with us if you want," Morality offered scorching away from Logic.

Logic moved as well, grabbing the ice pack that had fallen at some point and putting it back on his cheek. It wasn't cold anymore, but he didn't care much. He took off his glasses with his other hand and put them on the bedside table.

He felt the bed shift as Missy climbed in between them. Morality hugged the younger one and reached out for Logic to come closer too.

"What happened to your cheek, grandpére?"

Logic smiled softly even though the circumstances. "Don't worry about it, okay petit-enfant? Just go back to sleep."

Missy obviously didn't want to listen to Logic, but turned to Morality and buried his head into his shoulder. Logic looked up at Morality, who was smiling like a dork.

"What?" Logic asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I love how you two do that French thing. It's cute!" Morality squealed.

"Grandpa, quiet. I'm trying to sleep here," Missy said.

"Sorry, kiddo."

Logic shrugged. "It's just French for grandfather and grandchild. It's not anything too intense."

"It's still cute," Morality confirmed running a hand through Logic's hair.

"I suggest you take off your glasses and sleep. It's getting late and you should get 7-8 hours of sleep per night."

"Says the guy that stays up until 3 A.M. doing research about slang," Morality sassed, closing his glasses and handing them to Logic who put them next to his own.

"Goodnight, Patton. Goodnight, petit-enfant."

"Goodnight, Logan," Morality whispered, switching off the light that was above his head.

"Sweet dreams, grandpére," Missy mumbled, already half asleep again.

Yeah... so this happened. They'll be more angst to come. The next chapter I probably going to be a filler chapter and then it'll get more intense.

Edited by: LuvKitties1414

WARNINGS FOR NEXT FEW CHAPTERS (After the next I believe):

kidnapping, violence (probably), and self hate.