ᴱˡᵉᵛᵉⁿ

A gasp emitted through Prince's body as he stood up. He ran forward and pulled the other trait into a hug.

"I- You're here? How did you- oh my gosh you're back!" Prince shouted, pulling his head away from Anxiety and kissing him on the lips. "I can't believe- how did you get away from Depression? That is what happened, right?"

"Oh, yes. He, uh, captured me. He also left me unattended a lot, so I managed to escape him," Anxiety explained, walking into the room and looking around as he walked.

"Should we be worried about Depression coming back to hurt you?" Prince asked, walking along with Anxiety, pulling the other traits hand into his own.

"No... No, we're good," Anxiety said, looking up at the ceiling.

"Gosh, you're acting like you've never seen my room before," Prince joked, moving away from Anxiety andsitting on his bed. ?Moving the notebooks aside, he then lied down on the side of the bed he usually wasn't on when they snuggled or slept.

"It's just been a long time," Anxiety assured, taking his eyes off the decorations and walking to Prince's bed. He sat down on it, not showing a sign of laying down with Prince.

"I think we should tell Morality, Logic, Missy, and Pranks about you bring back, Love," Prince said, smiling over at Anxiety's back. "And then we can snuggle and I'll sing you to sleep, if you'd like."

Anxiety nodded and Prince's smile only widened.

"I love you, Anxiety. I'm so glad to have you back!" Exclaimed Prince, managing to get up and hug Anxiety from behind before he could react. Anxiety nodded against Prince.

"I'm glad to be back, babe," He said, turning to kiss Prince on the cheek.

-----

Prince's hand never left Anxiety's as they walked to the living room. He was noticably closer to his boyfriend than he usually was, but that could be expected after having Anxiety back. Prince didn't want to make the same mistake and have Anxiety go missing once again.

"Stay here, I want to make sure eveyone is there first," Prince whispered to Anxiety, quietly slipping into the livingroom.

Prince clapped his hands and grinned even wider than he already was. "Guys, I have an announcement to make!" Prince said as he noted that Logic, Morality, Pranks, and Misleading Compliments were all in the room.

Missy looked up from where he was picking at the carpet. "How the hell can you be so happy!? He's been gone for so long and here you are, showing off a smile wider than the fucking ocean," He snapped, standing up and balling his hands into fists.

"Now Missy, be nice to your father-" "No! I'm tired of this, I'm tired of him! First he ignores me for how long? Weeks? I may look just like you guys but I'm still just a kid! I needed support from him! Then he waltzes in here with this huge smile on his face like everything is fine but it's not! Dad- Anxiety is gone and he's not allowed to do this. Prince is not the only one that's having problems! I lost a father figure, the one that I was closest with. That hurts a lot," Missy said, his voice cracking. Tears were rolling down Missy's face at this point.

Prince only looked at him blankly for a moment before responding.

"Missy, you're grounded. Go to your room."

Even Logic was suprised at what Prince said. Missy nodded and wiped his eyes, walking out of the room. You could hear that he was running as soon as he was out by his quickened footsteps.

Logic stood up when he realized that neither Pranks or Morality were going to say anything. He looked at the two who sat next to each other. They still had their mouths open in shock.

"Prince, that's unreasonable. He was only expressing his feelings. You know Anxiety wouldn't have wanted him to get in trouble for that. In fact, he would be consoling Misleading Compliments right now instead. He knows that bottling up your emotions is not healthy," He said, pushing up his glasses.

"He doesn't need parenting advice from you of all people, Logan," Anxiety replied, walking into the livingroom.

"Anxiety?" Morality asked from his position on the couch.

"The one and only. Prince did the right thing, Missy deserves to get grounded."

Morality shook his head, "No, Missy didn't. He has been holding back his feelings since they day you were gone, he needed to let that out."

"He could have done it a different way. In a nicer way," Anxiety said.

Giving up already, Morality sighed and got up. He just did not have the energy to argue. "Well, I'm just going to check on him. If either of you couldn't tell, he was crying."

Pranks followed Morality, worried for his friend. That left Logic in the room with the two. He had his arms crossed over his chest.

"Listen, I get that Anxiety just got back but that is no excuse. That doesn't give the both of you the right to act so rudely towards your, in case you forgot, son."

"And what gave you the right to ignore me?" Anxiety asked, crossing his arms as well.

"I thought we went over this. I apologized, you said that you forgave me. I thought we were okay," Logic asked, honestly confused at Anxiety's hostility. He looked at Prince, who was just standing and watching this happen.

"Well it looks like I changed my mind. You were shitty to me then and you can't make up for it now," Anxiety finished, walking out of the room the same way he came in. Prince followed.

Defeated and hurt, Logic stood there in the same position for a momment. He let his arms drop to his side as he tried to will the tears away. He knew that he couldn't make up for what he did, but it hurt to hear Anxiety day it himself. He wasn't going to be good enough of a father for Anxiety. Not then, not now, not ever.

Composing himself and wiping his cheek were a tear had managed to escape to, he made himself stop thinking about it. He could be worrying about that on his own time. Now, he had to worry about Misleading Compliments.