uǝǝʇɟıℲ

WARNING: Mentions of abuse and kidnapping. Chapter summary will be bolded at the end.)

Prince hummed as he washed his hands. He and Anxiety planned to make a lunch together and then start a movie marathon. Needless to say, Prince was excited for the day.

He dries his hands off and then began to journey to the kitchen, deciding to cut through the living room. As he became closer, he heard both Anxiety and what seemed to be Missy. When he got to the room, he listened to what Missy said before getting angry.

"Misleading Compliments, apologize right now," he commanded, walking closer to the situation. He reached out to hold Anxiety's hand in a comforting motion.

"No. I only told the truth."

"Apologize or you will be grounded again, without TV or any electronics. You'll be in your room every day for a month," Prince threatened, anger flaring in his eyes. He couldn't believe his son was being this rude to his father.

"In fact, both of you have been total dicks to me. I think you should apologize, actually," Missy replied, crossing his arms over his chest. Prince internally scoffed.

Anxiety huffed and stormed away, Prince's gaze following him. That was the last straw.

"That's it. You're grounded, go to your room. I don't want to see you for the next month. I thought you'd be happy to have your father back, but you're just being a brat!" Prince yelled, completely enraged at Misleading Compliment's attitude.

"Yeah, I'm the brat! You're so much worse than me. You're constantly yelling at me, both of you! I just wanted my family back, but this is not my family. I hate it! I hate you, Prince!" Missy shouted in one breath.

Prince was shocked to say the least. He didn't ever think he would hear those words said to him, and by his son no less. He felt the stinging in the back of his eyes, but took a deep breath and ignored it. He would carry his shoulders high.

Until he reached his room, at least.

He didn't bother looking for Anxiety because he knew that sometimes he preferred to just cry on his own. Prince new that this was one of those times, and that it would be best for him to comfort Anxiety afterwards.

As he opened the door to his own bedroom, he finally slouched. Clapping his hands twice, his attire changed in an instant to a more normal attire. Shivering, he tugged the jacket closer to himself.

Did Misleading Compliments actually mean that?

It sounded like he did. And that hurt, it really did.

Prince's mind wouldn't stop thinking, even for a second. What did Missy mean when he said that they weren't his family? Did it have something to do with Anxiety?

He didn't think so, but what Missy said filled his mind with doubt.

As he thought more and more about it, Prince thought that maybe he should go back and read some of Anxiety's journal entries.

It's been a few months since Misleading Compliments was born, and I've had to leave him with Prince most of the time. I couldn't risk having him around when Depression decides to show up. He always wanted to be with me though, which makes it hard. I haven't ever seen Depression outside of my room, so I can visit him. But I still don't trust that Depression won't try to hurt me in front of Missy.

Sincerely, Me.

Prince became frustrated when he couldn't find anything. He should trust Missy, shouldn't he?

He was doubting that the Anxiety he was talking to was actually Anxiety now. It didn't really make much sense anyway because-

Prince's thoughts were interrupted by the door slamming against the wall.