Fiasco

The song for the chapter is Kiss it All Better by He is We. Don’t forget to leave a comment; I’d like to know what you think about my story.

Thank you, and happy reading! (:

*****

Everything started out really well; it’s perfect, it’s almost scary. It’s like, something’s bound to happen. Voila! Something did happen; I made a mistake.

“Are you excited?” Lance asks. “It’s your first time!”

I grin. I didn’t even sleep last night. I was too nervous. I return his question, “Are you excited to be on tour again?”

“I can’t wait to start! This is what I want to do for the rest of my life!”

“Hey Brielle,” KY says, interrupting my conversation with Lance, “did you double check our things if they’re complete?”

I’m about to say yes, when Nate slings his arm on my shoulder.

I remember what happened last night; my cheeks feel warm all of a sudden.

I shrug Nate’s arm off because KY is watching us, but instead of letting go, he just tightens his hold on me.

“I did,” I tell KY.

He doesn’t respond; he leaves us and goes to the sleeping quarters of the tour bus.

What’s up with him? After what happened, he’ll just ignore me?

Okay fine, you can talk to me if you need anything, especially when you need to have a pretend girlfriend.

I try not to let anything ruin my mood because today is the day. We’re on our way to Cityway, the venue for Infinite Chase’s sold out concert.

“Are you nervous?” Nate asks.

I shake my head. “Terrified.”

"Don't be."

I remember something I’ve been meaning to ask him.

“Hey, what’s with you and Stella?” I ask.

“What?” Nate asks incredulously.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know that Stella likes you.” Like is an understatement.

“Are you kidding? Stella is just like a sister to me.”

“She doesn’t treat you like her brother.”

Nate sighs. “I thought as time passed, she outgrew her feelings for me,” he says, “but I guess my charisma is better than I thought.”

I slap his arm, while he grins. “I’m kidding!” he says.

“So what are you gonna do with that?” I ask. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to be involved in Nate’s affair, but I feel bad for Stella.

“Are you jealous?” he says amusedly.

“Of course not!”

He smirks. “Don’t worry B, I like girls my own age.” Then he winks at me.

I snap my mouth shut. I almost forgot how Nate enjoys teasing me. Don’t tell me he’s flirting right now. How can I resist him?

He shouldn’t be allowed to smile because he can easily capture a girl’s heart simply with his handsome face. This is unfair.