Busted

What the heck?

“Seriously, B, don’t you have a life?” Naomi asks. “Why don’t you open your social accounts to know what’s going on?”

“Actually, I have a life,” I say. “I’m busy living so I don’t open my social accounts anymore.”

What’s the point of opening the web when I’m already living with Infinite Chase? They’re the only reason why I made social accounts in the first place.

Now I know full well what’s going on without needing to depend on other fangirls.

Let’s get back to the reason why Yumi called in the first place. She told me that Nate posted a photo on his Instagram account.

Not just any photo, but a picture of us. Together.

I quickly open my Instagram app, and quickly check Nate’s account.

It was a photo of Nate and me when we were in the laundry room yesterday. It was posted six hours ago, at about one in the morning.

Nate has a huge grin on his face, while I’m laughing at something; half of my face is hidden in bubbles. I didn’t even notice that he took a photo; it was kind of blurry.

At first I felt overwhelmed because he posted a picture of us, but when I realized and saw the comments, I shrieked.

I forgot that Nate is a famous person. What if my parents see this post? Or my sister? What am I going to do?

The caption is:

Well spent day. :)

I remember a few months back, the paparazzi went crazy when they caught Lance kissing a girl after their concert.

I don’t want them to know who I am. I’m going to be busted, and my parents will know that I dropped out. The band will find out the truth about me.

“No way,” I mutter.

“I take it you already saw the photo?” Naomi says.

“Is it obvious?” I ask biting my lip. “I mean, do I look like her?”

“Are you kidding?” she says incredulously. “Of course you look like her because you’re her!”

“You know what I mean.”

She sighs. “If they really know you, they will think that it’s you.”

“You knew it was me!”

“Duh,” she says. “I’m your best friend. The moment I saw it, I quickly called you.”

“What about a stranger?” I ask hesitantly. “Will they know it’s me?”

She hesitates.

“Shoot. You hesitated!” I say. “I’m screwed!”

“Chill!” she says quickly. “I don’t think they will make the connection, except. Holy—“

“What?” I panic.

I can feel my heart beating furiously in my chest. The longer I’m pretending to be the band manager, the harder it gets.

“Nate posted the video of you singing with them, right?” Naomi asks.

I nod. And then I remember that she can’t see me. “Yes,” I say.

When she doesn’t respond, I ask, “Do you think they can put two and two together?”

“Don’t sweat it,” she says. “Some people are dumb.”