Sinking Deep

Hey, as some of you already know, Star Cinema bought the movie rights of The Bet. Yey! We can finally watch it on the big screen. For more news, like the Facebook page: facebook.com/ilurvbooks

Thanks so much guys for supporting me and this story! I appreciate you all <3 Song for the chapter: Drunk Last Night by Eli Young Band

Enjoy! =)

*****

KY sobered enough to drive home the next day.

Mr. and Mrs. Swift are worried about him. They found out that he drank last night. They told him that we can get home tomorrow, but KY didn’t want to spend one more minute in their house. It was about noon when he woke up.

So we packed our things, and off we go.

I didn’t see Stella, which is good because I can’t take more drama right now.

I’m not sure if KY remembers what happened, but it seems like he doesn’t because he’s not making an effort to explain his actions.

I don’t blame him though.

When someone is consumed with alcohol, he’s out of his mind.

It’s as if nothing happened, as if last night didn’t exist.

Maybe it didn’t. Perhaps it was just my imagination. I feel pathetic, pining for a guy who can’t even be bothered to look at me like I’m desirable. He treats me like I’m just their band manager, nothing else.

I shake my head.

I can wonder my whole life, but I’ll never be able to find answers to my questions. Nothing good will come out of it.

KY and I got home around dinner time.

Lance and Zeke are already there. They came home at lunch. When we arrive, they expected that we’re bringing food.

I quickly go to the kitchen so that I can prepare something for us, but when I open the fridge, it’s empty.

I forgot that we ate everything the last time we shared a meal because we didn’t want the food to get spoiled.

 In the end, because we’re too tired to get out and shop, we order Chinese food.

While eating, Lance and Zeke tell stories about their Thanksgiving. It’s normal, very different from KY’s.

Zeke has a big family. He’s the youngest child, and he has five older brothers. I wonder what it is like growing up in his family, all boys.

I don’t have a brother, so I don’t know the feeling. It’s just me and my sister.

Meanwhile, Lance grew up in a family of musician. His mother is a singer, while his father is a drummer in a band. His mom is the lead vocal; that’s how his parents met. He’s the middle child. He has an older sister, and a young brother; the same age as my sister.

Both of them are already uncles. They show me photos of their nieces and nephews. They are so cute and adorable. I like babies. When I was in high school, I used to work as a babysitter. I don’t mind when they cry. They’re cute little angels.

They’re so busy telling tales about their vacation; they didn’t notice that KY isn’t talking. I mean, we’re used to it. He’s participating in the conversation, yes, but you can feel the vibe that he doesn’t want to share his own experience.