CHAPTER 1

We all have one life but according to legend, cats have nine. Nine times to explore the world, nine opportunities to meet the same species, nine times to become failure or successful, nine times to become emotional, nine times to learn and understand and nine times to love.

It seems a little unfair. After all, who knows what a human could do with even one of those second chances?

ARIN

As I heard the birds chirping outside of my window, I sat on my bed half awake yawning and stretching before I went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. I turn on my phone to see if I missed a call from my mom and the time says it's 8 o' clock in the morning. Since I received a miss call, I call back her while going to the kitchen to make some toast bread and my morning coffee.

"Good morning Mom!" I sweetly said. I heard some shuffling noises before she answer.

"Good morning too baby. You didn't answer my call last night, where were you?" my mom worriedly asked. I rolled my eyes when I heard the word 'baby'. 

"Mom stop calling me baby. Anyway, I slept early that's why I missed your call." I said and I heard her laugh. I sipped onto my hot coffee while waiting for her answer.

"Right, you're a lady now. So today is your first day, eh?" I face palm when I nod, knowing that my mom didn't saw my answer. Then I heard a man's voice.

"It's that Dad? Say hi for me!" I excitedly said. Yes, I'm a daddy's girl.

"Hey sweetheart! You missed me?" I giggled and take a bite from my toast bread before I answer.

"Yeah, I miss you guys a lot!" Then I heard my mom shouted 'I miss you more'. They are such an awesome parents. We talked for a half an hour before I say good bye to them and get ready for my first day.

My name is Choi Yewon, but people call me Arin -my nickname. I have a long hair and bangs. I'm sweet and very caring, my parents said and I believe it. I do have friends but we rarely hang out because we all focusing on each careers in life.

I became independent after I graduated college. I use all of my savings to buy a condominium unit. At first my mom doesn't want me to became independent but my dad convince her because I'm a lady now. After months of being a service crew in a fast food chain, a volunteer event organizer and babysitting my niece and nephews, I am more than ready for a real job.

And today is my first day of working at an entertainment company.

-------------

I locked my door of my unit. Before I take the elevator to go down, I took a deep breath. I'm excited on my first day of work yet I'm also nervous. My mind is full of what ifs. But I need to start this day with a smile!

"Good morning Ms. Choi!" I was greeted by the lobby staff, Ms. Kim Mihyun along with Ms. Yoo Shi Ah. They are both very lovely and approachable. They were both older than me, I guess 2 or 3 years? I remember the first time I arrived here they were both singing and rapping not knowing that me as a customer arrived. They both have good voices too! But anyway, they gave me a 'fighting' pose knowing that it's my first day of work.

"Good morning to you too Ms. Kim and Ms. Yoo!" I greeted back and smiled at them.

"Good morning Ms. Choi!" I was startled when the guard of the condominium greeted. Okay? Seems like everybody is in a good mood. Is it just me or this guard is astonishing, he is good looking. I giggled to myself, daydreaming to the guard. I just shrugged it off and smile.

"Good morning to you too.." I found myself looking at his name tag on his left chest. It must be rude not knowing his name.

"..Mr. Choi. Mr. Choi Seungcheol!" Oh cool! We both have the same surname. He smiled at me and open the door for me. I thanked him and walk to the bus station.

While waiting for a bus, I kept on imagining on what will I do when I step in the entertainment office. Oh shoot! I forgot to do background check! Luckily, Seoul has public internet for everyone. But before I do some background check, the bus arrived on time. I take the seat at the back near the window. This is my favorite seat since I was a child. But sometimes we fought over this seat. I shrugged off some of my flashbacks with him and continue to search and scroll through my phone, checking on what to do's and don'ts inside the office.

I found a familiar street knowing that I arrived. I check the time through my phone, ten minutes before the time. Am I too early? Well it's better to be early than to be late or absent. I went out of the bus and exhaled because of my nervousness and excitement.

After months of being a service crew in a fast food chain, a volunteer event organizer and babysitting my niece and nephews, I am now in the real world. I am now a lady with a real work.

My heart pounds as I approach the door to the entertainment company. Why it have to be today? Why not tomorrow or the day after tomorrow? Maybe it's time. Just take a deep breath Arin. You got this. I need to be cool on my first day.

This is it. Fighting Arin!