CHAPTER 6

I shut my eyes, knowing this won't end well..

I can't believe I'm dying in this early age. How did this happen? I don't want die. I didn't have a boyfriend yet. Who will take care of my parents? my friends? What will my parents say? I didn't even get to see my idols. I didn't yet have my first kiss. What am I thinking?! I didn't even went overseas. Am I really going to die? Life is so unfair..

But to my surprise, a moment passes with nothing happened.

I open my eyes, and I'm... I'm completely unhurt.

"What.. what was just happened?" I'm sure a car is running so fast and it was just meters away! How come.. how come I'm not dead?

meowww~

The little cat leaps out of my arms and trots away daintily. At least we're safe..

Are we?

-------------

My pulse slowly returns to normal. But even after the moment's passed, my head hurts

That time, I couldn't protect him. It was all my fault. If only he was here, I'll save him.

"Ouch.." The pain in my head steadily throbs. It presses in waves. Then suddenly, it gives way to a quiet, resonant voice, like the gentle whisper of the wind.

Oh gosh.. What's with my head? It hurts, stinging through my brain. I can even hear some murmurs. Wait what? 

"A life for a life, love never dies.. Your heart is pure, so I'll grant your wish"

Who was that? Goodness, I must be hallucinating. I'm acting weird. I'm even hearing things..

I make it back and decide to rest my head for the evening. Too many things happen today. whoo~ It's been a long day, I guess I really need some good night sleep. Hopefully I'm not getting sick. 

--------

"Min! Look out!"

It starts off like some of my usual nightmares. It looks like I'm at that road,on that day two years ago. Mingyu is about to cross with a phone on his ear. And I know he's not going to make it. Right on cue, he darts into the road and that same speeding car approaches.

"Mingyu!"

But this time, something's different. I dropped my phone and my feet move on their own. I lunge recklessly forward, and there's a blinding flash of light and when the light clears, the usual story changes.

"Arinnie! Y-you saved me!" He exclaimed. I-I save him. I saved Minmin...

"What?" Mingyu holds me closely, wrapping his arms around me. "You..You're alive! You're alive Min!"

"You came back for me Arinnie..."

"I- of course I would.."

Mingyu leans his face towards me, carefully closing the distance between us.. and then gently pressing his lips to my forehead. I shut my eyes tightly, through embarrassed. And maybe a little happy...