CHAPTER 5

ARIN

Minmin and I grew up together. He was ambitious, wild, sweet... He had big dreams and a big heart. Sometimes he still shows up in my dreams, with traces of those memories that marked my childhood. But in a flash, everything was over.

"Min! Where are you? You're going to be late for your audition!" I said through the phone. He was running late for his audition.

"I'm already on my way. I'm now running Arinnie!" I can hear his heavy breathing because he's running.

"Don't run so fast! Be safe Minmin!" I said. There was a beeping sounds of cars and I can hear some gushing tones.

"Yea yea, I can now see the buildi- BEEEEEP!

After that, all I hear was beeping sounds of cars and people screaming. I dropped the phone and ran as fast as I can. As I reach the pedestrian lane, I can see people around with trembling and shocked eyes. And I saw him there, lying with some red stains flowing through his head. He was only 18, Minmin got into a car accident.

I never got to tell him, but I'd always loved him.

"You weren't too lonely without me, right?" I said while brushing off the dust on his grave. Of course, there is no answer. I sit down beside and tell him all about it.

"So my new boss, uh.. He's name is Lee Chan" I sigh and I feel a cold breeze. I knew Minmin is listening to me.

"Yeah, I made a.. great impression, I guess? But I kinda spilled coffee on him and I think I got him really annoyed." As I laugh, the wildflower beside me rolls around with the wind. as if Minmin's laughing at me, too.

Sighs. If you were just here, Minmin.. If you were just here.

"I miss you so much Mingyu"

I can't hold my tears anymore. I began crying silently, this is so hard.

"I just wish.. I wish I could see you again."

I spend about an hour or more, just talking out loud and reminiscing about the old days. But it's getting late. I have to go back home plus I'm all alone.

With a sigh, I pick up my bag and head back onto the road

meowww~

Looking down beside me, I notice a small black cat with glassy blue eyes. His eyes reminds me of Minmin huh, I pet his head. He enjoys my petting and then walks away casually. Guess I'm not alone after all. How cute.. but something about that cat is mysterious

He moves with such purpose, almost like a human. He keeps his pace slightly in front of me. And it suddenly fixes its eyes on something across the street. It looks like he wants to cross? But there's a blind turn at this corner. It could be dangerous!

"Hey, little cat-- He steps off the curb and a gasp escapes my lips. Just as I feared, I can hear a car turning the corner. My stomach starts to churn, and I begin to feel sick.

"Run! Run little cat!" I shout him to run, how dumb can I be? How can a cat understand my language, a human language? But it seems not reacting quickly! Do something Arin!

Oh no! The car is moving too fast! It's now or never!

Without thinking, I leap forward..