chapter 2: Up in the air

Harry's POV

months later...

           'I hate my life' a young teen wizard, Harry Potter thought as he prepared the meal for the arrival of his Aunt Marge. "Get the door!" one Petunia Dursley yelled at her nephew shrewdly. As I opened the door, a very large robust woman who had similar features to a Vernon Dursley came barreling through the hallway. Following the woman with her bulldog Ripper, was my Uncle Vernon. "Uncle Vernon, I was wondering if you could sign this?" I asked, showing the pink permission slip to him.

            "What is it?" he asked absentmindedly as he took off his wet, raincoat. "Nothing, school stuff." I quickly answered, anxiously waiting for the answer. "Later perhaps if you behave." my uncle stated after passing me in the hall to enter the living room.  "Oh, you're still here, aren't you?" sneered Marge at me, "Yes." I shot back.  "Don't say yes in that ungrateful tone. You're lucky my brother kept you, it would have been straight to the orphanage if he ended up on my doorstep." she snarled and turned to her other nephew Dudley, my cousin.

             As they sat for dinner, meaning I served and stayed in the kitchen while they ate. Marge started to ask questions about my education at the end of dinner.

           My aunt and uncle told her the cover story of me going to St. Brutus's.  "Do they use canes at St. Brutus's, boy?" she asked curiously. "Oh yeah, yeah, I've been beaten loads of times." I stated while successfully holding back a laugh. The conservation shifted to my parents and what Marge said set me off. "Shuddup! Shut up!" I screamed at her, feeling my temper rise as I look at her grotesque figure.

      "Let me tell you-"she started before her hand started to swell. Then her entire body started swelling, causing her to float out the open French doors with Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and her bulldog Ripper in tow. I went up to my small bedroom and packed all my school stuff. As I came downstairs with my trunk in tow, Uncle Vernon rammed me against the wall and screamed "You bring her back! You bring her back now and her right!"

      "No, she deserved what she got!" I shouted back. As he was about to throttle me, I pointed my wand at him; causing him to instantly back away. "Stay away from me." I threatened as I inched toward the door. "They'll never let you back now; you don't have anywhere to go." Vernon stated gleefully, satisfied with the situation. "I don't care, anywhere is better than here." I stated then slammed the door.

     I walked down the street toward the park and ended up sitting on the bench. While letting my thoughts run wild, I heard a rustling across the street in the bushes. As I stood, a big black dog emerge slightly; growling while staring at me. I tripped backwards at my attempt to step back, causing me to fall. Suddenly a triple decker, purple bus came out of nowhere and stopped right in front of me.

       "Welcome to the knight bus, provided transport for any stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike and I'll be your conductor for this evening." a bored voice came from a pimpled-faced man who couldn't be but a few years older than me resighted before looking at me. "What you doin' down there?" he asked with a confused expression. "I fell over." I stated the obvious, "What 'cha fell over for?" his Cornish accent thickened. "I didn't do it on purpose." now starting to lose patience with him. "Well, come on then. Let's not wait for the grass to grow." he stated while pulling my trunk and empty owl cage aboard.

After getting on and signaling a white haired old man with bifocals to start the bus, we take off. Speeding through traffic, dodging cars, squeezing between double-decker buses, nearly running over little old ladies; and hitting the window twice we get to the Leaky Cauldron. After being told to be careful with my magic and be cautious by the minister of magic and given a room; I meet up with my two best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Ron tells me about his family trip to Egypt while he and Hermione argue about their pets; Mr. Weasley pulls me aside to warn me about Sirius Black being on the loose. "Hey Harry, did ya see the paper yet?" Ron asked as I return back to the table.

"No I haven't. What does it say?" curious as to what Ron was going on about. "Apparently Black has a daughter who's going to Hogwarts this year." he states while producing a newspaper with the headline 'Mass Murderer and daughter out and about!' with two big pictures. One picture being Black and the other a young girl with really long dark hair and bony frame posing against the wall near a cell door. The only movement the picture was doing was her shying away from the flashing cameras and her eyes looking straight at you. 'She's very pretty' a foreign thought passed through my head.

We all decided to check out Diagon Alley and talk about Black's daughter. "What do you think she's like?" questioned Hermione on my left, "Probably a lunatic after being in Azkaban her whole life. Why do you think she's called Azkaban's daughter!" exclaimed Ron on my right. As we walk and discuss, I look over to see a girl with similar features to the photo a little ways down.

 *************************************************************

this is how I kinda pictured what Selena's picture in the prophet would look like