Chapter 4, part 2: Something wicked this way comes!

Selena's POV

[Hhhmm, a Black. Haven't had one of your bloodline since your father and uncle. A family full of Slytherins before your father came along. Then there was your mother, a Ravenclaw with the knack of unsettling your father to the point of falling all over himself trying to impress her. ]

'My mother? Who was she; dad doesn't like to talk about her.'

[One of the only witches who could fluster the great Sirius Black and outwit him at every turn. Ezmiesia Trenov, a transfer student in their third year from the Carpathian region. Smart student, gifted seer and witch. ]

'Wow, didn't know that. Can you sort me already, people are staring.'

[Well alright, if you insist.]

"Better be Gryffindor!"

3rd POV

Everyone was stunned and shocked silent at the sorting hat's verdict. Most, especially the Slytherins, thought the girl would be put in the vile house, not in Gryffindor. After a few minutes of silence, there was a slow clap that started until the Great Hall was applauding respectfully. Selena made her way to the end of the table where nobody was and looked up to meet the gaze of her cousin. Malfoy was shocked when he heard the ruling and horrified; when he saw that she sat by herself at the table, he felt sympathetic toward his younger cousin as he knew she would be bullied for her family and gave her a small smile when he met her eyes.

After her sorting, the choir stood and made their way toward the front and began singing.

{Double, double, toil and trouble;

Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Double, double, toil and trouble;

Something wicked this way comes!

Eye of newt and toe of frog,

Wool of bat and tongue of dog,

Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,

Lizard's leg and owlet's wing.

Double, double, toil and trouble;

Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Double, double, toil and trouble;

Something wicked this way comes!

In the cauldron boil and bake,

Fillet of a fenny snake,

Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf,

Witches' mummy, maw and gulf.

Double, double, toil and trouble;

Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Double, double, toil and trouble;

Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Double, double, toil and trouble;

Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Something wicked this way comes!}

Everyone clapped as they went back to their seats and Dumbledore walked up to the golden owl podium.

"Welcome, welcome, to another year at Hogwarts. Now there are a few things I'd wish to announce. This year; our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, Professor Kettleburn, is retiring to spend more time with his remaining limbs. I'm delighted the position will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid."

Everyone but the Slytherin table clapped, more enthusiasm from Gryffindor. "Also I'd like to introduce the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor R. J. Lupin. Good luck professor." he continued while the students once again clapped for the new professor. While clapping, Hermione commented to the boys about the chocolate while on the other end of the table; Selena was politely clapping. Dumbledore also told the students that the dementors will be staying to search for Sirius Black this year as well as the usual precautions he spoke every year for the first years.

The room was filled with students talking to friends recounting their summers, talk of the new year; the new teachers, Black's escape, and the big topic of the new student. Selena ate very little due to her still getting used to the increase of food, while eating everyone would case glances at her every now and then. Dessert came around and then everyone got up to go to their common rooms for the night. Selena followed the Gryffindors and gave a quick nod to her cousin before going up.

Selena's POV

The sorting was interesting; I learned something about my mum and dad as well as learn some of my heritage. While walking up to the hat, it was weird that everyone - mostly the guys- were staring at me and was surprised that I got Gryffindor. 'Hopefully Draco won't be mad' I thought as I sat and ate dinner away from the other Gryffindors since they seemed to either hate or are scared of me, as everyone was. Dessert came around, had some cake and ice cream; then the food disappeared to signal bed.

I give Draco a quick nod and follow the others to the common room. After encountering the moving staircases (which was cool!) we came to a large portrait of a fat lady in a Roman-style dress, trying to sing a glass goblet to pieces. Everyone in front of me was complaining about her not letting anyone in till she broke it. After a few more tries of her horrible singing, we finally hear the sound of glass shattering and someone saying "Fortuna Major" loudly. She opened to reveal a doorway and everyone piling into the room while hearing the painting complain about the rudeness of people.

The common room was dripping in crimson and gold with couches and armchairs around the large fireplace. There were also tables to do homework and had a very warm and cozy atmosphere that counteracted the icy rain outside. As I stepped through the portal hole, everyone either fell silent or ignored me after shooting dirty looks as I walked towards the girl's dormitory. I walked up the staircase and looked till I found a door with my name on it as well as the names of my dorm mates. The room was big with five poster beds and two wide medium-size windows.my trunks were on the bed of the far right window and let Stormy out of her cage so she could stretch her wings while I unpacked.

Since I was tired and overwhelmed form everything, I got ready for bed and closed the curtains around my bed. I heard the door open moments later as well as muffled sounds that probably were complaints about me being here. Not caring about what they think or say, drifted off to a deep sleep.

***************************************************

her mom's name is pronounced as Ez-Mee-see-ah

SORRY 4 TAKING SOOO LONG 2 UPDATE! HAD 2 DO RESEARCH FOR THIS PART, NOT TO MENTION COLLEGES ND SCHOOLS. ALSO WAS DEALING W/ FAMILY ISSUES ND PROBLEMS THAT WERE DRIVING ME UP THE WALL ND ALSO TRYING TO UPDATE MY OTHER STORY.

ALSO: THERES A POLL ON IF I SHOULD DO A LOTR- THRANDUIL LOVE STORY ND IF U GUYS EVEN WANT A DAMON SALVATOR LOVE STORY. THEY R SEPERATE POLLS.