Chapter 4: Sorting on the runway*

Woke up to Ron and Hermione above me and the new professor awoke. "Here eat this, it'll help. It's alright, it's just chocolate." he offered. I took it with a nod of thanks while sitting up. "What was that thing?" I asked as Hermione did a once over check of me and then moved to sit back next to Ron. "That was a dementor, one of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now, no doubt was looking for Black." he said then went to the compartment door, "Now I'm going to have a word with the driver."

Before he left, he spun around one last time and said directly to me; "Eat, you'll feel better." We sat in silence and looked at each other before Ron broke it, "Why would Black be here?" For the remainder of the ride, I stared out the window lost in my thoughts while Ron and 'Mione discussed what this year will be like.

3rd Pov

The Hogwarts Express soon pulled into Hogsmead and let the wave of students out into the torrential downpour. The first years went with Hagrid to the boats while the 2nd years and up took refuge in the horseless-drawn carriages. While the trio climbed into one, Selena climbed into another with Draco and some other Slytherins. As the carriages dropped the students off at the front doors, Selena stayed in the entrance hall while everyone else filed into the Great Hall. As everyone situated themselves, the sorting hat sang the opening song.

Everyone clapped after the song ended and McGonagall began the sorting. Some first years went to Gryffindor, some to Slytherin, some in Hufflepuff, and the rest to Ravenclaw. After they were seated, McGonagall announced "Now for our third year transfer Selena Black." everyone fell silent as the doors opened, revealing a slightly damp Selena. As she walked down the middle aisle toward the sorting hat, people from all four tables were whispering and murmuring comments like 'that's Black's daughter?!'; 'Didn't expect her to be a beauty'; 'gorgeous' ; 'She must be as loony as her father' ; 'Watch out, she'll kill you' and so on.

Harry was caught in a trance as were many of the other boys. He watched the way she held her head high; the rain droplets catching the candle light, causing them to shine and gleam like diamonds in her curls. Also the sway of her hips as were the other hormonal cat calling boys, much to Malfoy's disgust of how they were reacting to his cousin. Selena ignored them all as she reached Professor McGonagall. After taking a seat on the stool, the hat slipped over her eyes, causing quick chuckles from everybody.

***************************************************************

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE, ITS BEEN HECTIC THESE PAST FEW WEEKS. HAD MY SENIOR TRIP, MY OLDER SISTER FLEW IN FOR MY GRADUATION, HAD TO GO TO GRADUATION PRACTICE, WENT TO AN AMUSEMENT PARK, AND HAD MY GRADUATION ALL WITHIN THE SPAN OF 2 WEEKS. ALSO WENT TO THE BEACH FOR A WEEK WITH MY FAMILY ND CAME BACK ONLY TO BE STUCK AT HOME FOR THE PAST MAYBE 3 WEEKS. SO I'LL BE SPLITING THIS CHAPTER INTO 2. ALSO THE RESULTS R IN AND SHELLEY HENNIG FROM TEEN WOLF IS THE WINNER OF THE CONTEST OF WHO'S SELENA! GONNA TRY TO GET THE NEXT PART UP SOON!