038.

hi im back from da dead wAZZUP BRING THE BEAT UP!@!@!# lolol okay im sorry here's an update bc niall flirtin with some hoehoe in disney world just gave my brain murderous intentions lol jk

- - -

The first thing I did was roll off my bed. The next thing I did? Hide under it.

I grabbed my phone and opened up the Twitter app again, typing furiously.

9:47 a.m.

@kingniallol: bruh are u trying my life

@kingniallol: GET DOWN FROM THE TREE OR ELSE

@NiallOfficial: Or else what ?

@NiallOfficial: YOU should be the one who should open this window or else

@kingniallol: no!

@kingniallol: or else i will make you come down that tree in my own terms

@NiallOfficial: Aw cute attempt , babe x

@kingniallol: DONT BABE ME

@kingniallol: IM SERIOUS GET DOWN FROM THERE

@NiallOfficial: Ughhh just open the window !

@NiallOfficial: Or else I will definitely make sure I kiss you on the first date ;-)

@NiallOfficial: I'm serious .

@kingniallol: okay fine. u wont.

@kingniallol: watch me bring u down fam

@NiallOfficial: Wait

@NiallOfficial: You dont mean that literally , do you ?

@NiallOfficial: Ella ?

@NiallOfficial: Oh cmon Ella !

I smirked as I turned off my phone, placing it on the bedside table. I had a mischievous idea in mind, and I knew just the person who could help me with it.

With as much stealth as possible, I crawled towards my bedroom door, making sure I wasn't in Niall's line of vision from the window. Luckily the door was already open, and therefore I successfully got out of my room.

A grin stretches on my lips as I make my way towards my youngest sister's room. Her bedroom door was ajar, and I placed a gentle knock upon it.

"Elsie?" I called out. Elsie is just five years old, but she's already the most cunning prankster out of my other two younger siblings.

Her curly brown hair greeted me, hair strands sticking in various direction making her hair look like a bird's nest. She had a pout on her naturally pink lips, eyes darting towards mine that was still red from sleep.

"Yes E?" she walked towards me, wrapping her thin arms around my legs and looking up at me with her puppy eyes. I grinned at her cuteness and ruffled her hair.

"Wanna go on a mission?" I smirked at her. My newly awoken sister yawned, and then her lips were set into a grin much wider than mine.

"Always. Who are we going to prank this time, E?"

"Just wait and see. He's up a tree, and I want to make him come down." I gave her a wink. My eyes drifted back to where my room was slightly visible from Elsie's ajar bedroom door.

Elsie rushed towards her closet, grabbing something from underneath a drawer. I walked towards her and eyed the item on her hand, and she faces me back with a more mischievous grin. I see now what she was holding, and I realize her plan.

She had two in her hand, and she handed me one. I looked closely at it, examining the wooden handle and the elastic rubber tied on both its ends.

"Lead me the way, sister!" Elsie giggled, pushing me away from her closet and towards her door. I laughed along with her, as I placed the slingshot in my back pocket and took Elsie's hand with me.

We cut through the lawn and arrived by the tree. Our heads whipped up to the foliage above us, a certain man still on a branch and was knocking on my bedroom window. Elsie tugged on my sleeve, and she gestured for us to both pick up an ammunition for our slingshots.

I picked up a pebble, set it on my slingshot, and aimed it at Niall. In the loudest voice I can muster, I yelled at him. "Niall! Last chance, go down by yourself or we'll find a way!"

Niall hurriedly followed where our voices were. His eyes bulged out, suddenly seeming to lose his grip on the branch. I snorted, earning a glare from him. Little Elsie was laughing beside me too, and it caught his attention.

"Do you wish to make me surrender by you and your little companion? Never!" He yelled back, giving Elsie and I a teasing grin. I aimed my slingshot at him once again, and so did Elsie too.

"We'll see about that. Fire!"

Next came a volley of pebbles and Niall's screams with a dash of him begging for us to stop. But we didn't. Elsie fired a shot with a medium-sized twig on it, and expected or not, that shot caused Niall to let go from the branch.

In a matter of seconds, gravity has pulled the Irishman down. While I was bellowing in laughter, I didn't notice that I was directly underneath him, and that suddenly, I was the one to catch his fall. It was too late for me to realize it as both Niall and I stumbled down the ground.

Elsie should've helped me, but she only laughed. Pain shoots instantly in my back, and I let out a groan. Niall being above me was no help, and instead added to my pain. He groaned too, and our eyes met.

Our faces were mere inches away. I blinked a few times, adjusting to my vision. What greeted me was his smile, and a small chuckle coming out from his lips.

"Look, I've fallen on you." He attempted a joke, poking my cheek with his forefinger.

"You're fat. Get off of me!" I shrieked, pushing his weight off me. He groaned as a thud indicated his fall beside me was hard, which only made me laugh.

"Did you just call me fat?" He narrowed his eyes at me, mocking a glare. I rolled my eyes in return.

"Yes, you heard that right."

"Well, how about we two get fatter? Let me take you out on a date. There's this Mexican diner nearby."

I turned my head to look at him, his face angelic and light. It was as if days ago, when he'd grown cold at me and hung out with other girls, didn't matter. Like nothing has happened between us. And somehow, I do not see a celebrity. I see a normal boy who's asking me out on a date, like we were just schoolmates, and fame wasn't a barrier between us.

My stubborn side keeps insisting me to turn away, to look back and continue on moving on from this unreachable star beside me. He's a celebrity, I'm an awkward teenage girl. He's a boyband member I loved, and I was just one of the millions who adored him. I tried to convince myself that that's all we had, nothing more. I was still a nobody.

But somehow, the hidden, sensitive, ambitious side within me whispered. The bright blue of his eyes seemed to bring this hidden side out of me, promising me that for him, I was not just a nobody. That I was someone in his life. Not just a fan. Maybe a friend, and maybe even more than that.

My lips stretched into a smile. For once, I'd let myself be.

I'd let myself be the daring girl who tried to reach for a star.

So I said that one syllable word I wouldn't have dreamed of saying at a situation like this.

"Yes."

- - -

double update rn bc i know i owe u guys lmao