•christmas morning•

(miya's p.o.v)

I woke up to Kate shaking me lightly and whispering, "Mi, get your ass up. It's Christmas." I jumped up and ran downstairs. Kate had all of our presents under the tree and the Gallagher's in two trash bags by the door. "We'll open our presents and then go over there, eat breakfast, and give them their gifts," Kate explained. I smiled excidedly. This was my first Christmas without my nagging parents and, honestly, it feels great.

I ran under the tree and grabbed a box that had my name on it and then one that I got for Kate. I handed it to her.

"We'll open together on a count of three. Ready," she nodded. "1... 2... 3." Without hesitation we both started ripping the wrapping paper off of the box to reveal what we got.

I got Kate a new iPhone case, earbuds, and a $100 iTunes giftcard because she's been begging for all three of those things for months.

"God, Mi, 100 bucks? Thanks," she laughed and hugged me as I continued to unwrap mine. When I finished, a polaroid camera was revealed. I squealed and jumped up. I've been trying to get one of these for years, but my parents never aloud me to have one, for some dumb ass reason.

"Oh, my God, Kate! Thank you so much! I've wanted one of these forever," I jumped up and hugged her.

"No problem, kiddo. I saw it at Block Buster and I had to buy it for you."

We continued to open our presents. I got Kate some house supplies and decorations for the house. Lord knows she needs it. She got me a whole bunch of close and some old 80s movies that I've been dying for. She also got me the whole Fast and Furious collection, which almost made me cry.

When we finished we cleaned up all of the wrapping paper and got our coats and shoes on then ran over to the Gallagher's.

We opened the door and everyone was already in the kitchen eating cinnamon rolls.

"Merry Christmas," Kate and I called out all at the same time. They all said Merry Christmas back and we joined them for breakfast. I walked over to where Carl was sitting. He stood up and gave me a big hug then pulled me down so I was now sitting on his lap.

"I hope you like what you got for Christmas," I whispered as I ate part of his cinnamon roll.

"Yeah, I can't wait any longer," he yelled out so that everyone could hear him. "Let's open up some gifts." I laughed at him and we all got up and ran into the living room. We all sat around the tree in a circle. Debbie pulled out all of the presents and handed them out. I did the same. I handed Fiona, Lip, Ian, Debbie, and Liam their presents and then sat back down next to Carl, handing him the remander of gifts inside the trash bag.

"Okay, go on," Fiona said cheerfully as we all started opening our gifts.

"Wait," Debbie said, "There's a huge teddy bear behind the christmas tree. I can't get it out."

"Shit, sorry," Carl said standing up and getting the teddy bear out from behind the tree. "Here," he said handing me the giant teddy bear that said 'I Love You' on it with a box of chocolates attached.

I hugged it and set it on the other side of me. I gave Carl a small peck on the lips and thanked him. He smiled at me and I urged him to open the rest of his gifts. I looked in front of me and saw that there were 12 presents with my name on them. Honestly, it was too much. I had 7 from Carl, 1 from Debbie, 1 from Lip, 1 from Ian, 1 from Fiona, and 1 from all of the Gallagher's.

I decided to unwrap Debbie's first. She got me a huge make up kit, because she knew how much I needed it and a couple t-shirts and a pair of jeans. Then, I opened the one from Lip. It was a box of cigarettes and then a box of condoms taped together. I saw him watching me open the gift and I shook my head at him while trying not to laugh, but, that didn't work as he just laughed at my reaction.