•empty•

(carl's p.o.v)

I still haven't told anyone about going to military school early. I feel really shitty about it but, how do I bring it up? Do I just say "hey guys I'm leaving for military school in one month"? This is way harder than I thought it would be.

"Knock, knock," my thoughts were interrupted when Miya walked through the door.

"Hey, what're you doing here," I asked.

"I was bored at home and I wanted to see you," her words warmed my heart. I put my arm around her and gave her a huge hug.

Maybe I should break the news to her now.

"I, uh-I gotta tell you something," I stuttered. She pulled away from the hug and looked at me with that beautiful smile on her face. God, I'm gonna miss that smile.

"What is it," she asked.

"I got a phone call the night of the party saying that I had to be at military school in the beginning March instead of June."

That wasn't that hard, I told myself.

"B-But it's-Why?"

"I don't know. The man on the phone didn't tell me."

"O-Okay. That's okay, I guess." She tried to sound like she wasn't upset, but I knew she was.

"It's okay if your upset about it, I am, too. I wish we had more time together."

She nodded her head and pushed a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Well, I guess we're gonna have to use this time wisely. Have you told your family yet?"

"No. I might tell them at dinner tonight."

"I'll be there with you," she grabbed my hand and squeezed. How did I ever get so lucky? I kissed her forehead and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Kids! Dinner," Fiona yelled from downstairs.

"You hungry," I asked Miya.

"Yeah," she stood up and lead me downstairs.

I've gotta admit, I'm not as nervous to tell my family about leaving in 1 month for military school than I was with Miya. There's just something about her that takes my breathe away anytime we're in the same room. There could be millions of amazingly beautiful women, but I would still choose her over every single one of them. I wonder if she feels the same...

We got downstairs and everyone was already sitting at the dinner table, digging in. Everyone's here tonight, which is a good thing. I take a seat between Lip and Miya and begin to make my plate.

"So, how was everyone's day today," Fiona asks cheerfully. I swear no matter what goes on in her crazy life, she always asks how we are and tries her hardest to seem so sincere about it. Now that's someone who truly cares.

Everybody said that their day was good except me. I don't want to hold this back any longer so, I'm just gonna blurt it out.

"I'm going back to military school in 1 month," man I feel so much better. Everyone stops to look at me with confused expressions.

"I thought you had until June," Fiona pointed out.

I shook my head no.

"I did, but one of the Sargents called me and said I needed to come earlier. Didn't tell me why, though."

I looked over at Miya who had a blank expression on her face, stuffing herself with salad. She was trying her hardest not to make eye contact with me, I can tell.

"Well, then I guess we'll be throwing you an early going away party, huh," Lip said, taking a bite of one of his fries. I just nodded and began to eat.

"It's not gonna be a party with booze and drugs and horny people, right," Miya nervously asks.

"Uh, well no. Just us and you and your sister," Fiona reassured her. "Why?"

"Just, uh- Just wondering," she faked a laugh and continued to eat her dinner as everyone started up new conversations.

•••

We were all sitting on the couch watching TV. I had my arm wrapped around Miya's shoulder while her head was resting on my chest. She began to doze off a few times but tried her hardest not to completely fall asleep.

"I think I'm gonna head home," she said lifting herself up.

"I'll walk you," I suggested.

"Okay," she gave me tired smile. God, she's so beautiful. I smiled back and grabbed a blanket as she put her shoes on. She left her jacket upstairs and neither of us felt like getting it. So, I decided to just wrap her up in a blanket. Don't want my baby getting sick, you know?

I wrapped the blanket around her shoulders as I opened the front door. We stepped outside, letting the cool air hit us in the face.

"Holy fuck, it's cold out here," she shivered. I rubbed the sides of her arms and walked her next door. "You wanna stay the night?"

"Sure," I nodded my head.

"I still have like 20 of your shirts and a pair of your sweatpants," she told me. I chuckled as we walked up the porch to her house. She tried to turn the knob, but realized it was locked. "Kate must be asleep." She took her key put of her pocket and unlocked the door.

We walked into the house all lit up, which is weird. Whenever Kate goes to sleep she usually turns all of the lights off except the one in the kitchen.

"Kate," Miya called out for her. There was no answer. I looked out the window, her car is still here. "I'm gonna go check upstairs." She jogged up the steps and I followed.

We looked in her room but she wasn't in there.

"Check the bathroom," I suggested. She nodded and we walked down the hall to the bathroom. The door was closed, as always, and she opened it, turned the lights on and was taken back by what she saw.

Kate was laying on the ground in front of the sink, unconcious.

"What the hell," Miya panicked and bent down. "Kate," she shook her body, but Kate didn't budge.

I looked away from Kate and at the sink. There was an empty body for pills on the counter. I picked it up and exmained it. It was perscribed for a Kathrine Henderson.

"Uh, M-Miya," I handed her the bottle of pills. My heart suddenly racing.

Miya snatched the bottle out of my hand and examined it.

"We just got this refilled two days ago. Fuck," she threw the bottle on the ground and started to panic. She checked Kate's pulse. "Fuck! Call an ambulance, now. Carl, go!"

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and quickly called 911. I told them what was going on and Miya's adress and they said they were on their way. I put my phone back in my pocket.

Miya was screaming and crying, trying to wake Kate up and I have no idea what to do.

"T-They're on their w-way, Miya. It's gonna be okay," stuttered trying to comfort her. I ran my hands through my hair when I realized it wasn't working.

I suddenly heard someone barge into the house. Four paramedics came rushing upstairs and into the bathroom. I pulled Miya out of their way. It was hard, but I finally got her to let go of her sister. I held her close and tight. She kept her eyes glued on Kate, her breathe unsteady.

"Is she going to be okay?"

----------------------------------------------

Well.... predictions??