Prologue.

Before you read, please understand that this book was just an idea that popped up in my mind at random. It was supposed to be a short story but turned out to be not so short. Hehe. The chapters are short, there are a lot of errors (a few plot holes) and the story escalates pretty quickly. The end is rushed and mostly unsatisfying (to some), but I like how it ends.

Please read at your own volition and do not comment on how it could have been better. Yes, it definitely could have been better and I will start rewriting and editing it once I get the time and most likely unpublish it. Right now, enjoy it if you still want to proceed, the storyline is amazing and I will say so without shame because I am proud of this book. This is my first ever fully completed work on Wattpad and I will own it.

To my dedicated and supporting readers who have been patient with me for the last two years, do not worry this story will be out back once I am done rewriting it. (Which is not right now)

Another important thing, I have been getting a lot of feedback, not negative per se, but I understand that we all have different ideas and expectations when it comes to marriage. Especially an Arranged Marriage at that.

Some of us might not agree with the turn of events but the story is how it was planned to be all along. Hence, criticism is welcomed but negative comments are not. Let's respect each others' perspectives and enjoy the story because, at the end of the day, it's just that, a story. Fiction!

Thank you. Enjoy!

~ rts

Started: May 2017

Finished: January 2019

             (Mariam's dress above)

Edited

It was a pleasant September night and everyone in the Waseem household was excited and happy. Their daughter was getting married and everyone in the posh area of Bandra, Mumbai knew about it. The residence was decorated with tons of fairy lights, which enhanced the beauty of the three stories' immaculate house.

Inside, on the second floor of the house was a very beautiful looking girl, now a woman, Mariam.

Mariam Zeyad Ali to be exact. She was sat in front of her dresser wearing a gorgeous wedding dress. It was of a soft pink color with golden embroidery done on it. The dress was a fine piece of work, custom made for her by a very renowned designer from Mumbai that Zeyad had chosen for her.

"You look beautiful, little sister." Shehnaz, Mariam's elder sister, and Mr. and Mrs. Waseem's eldest daughter came to stand behind her and told her to look at their joint image in the mirror.

Mariam who was happy about the whole arrangement managed a meek smile. But the doubt in her younger sister's eyes didn't go unnoticed by Shehnaz.

"You're doing the right thing. And I know you'll be just fine. You're a woman now," She assured 

Mariam wasn't unhappy. In the past few months that she had gotten to know Zeyad he had been very sweet and pleasant to her and she had started to like him. Like not Love because she wasn't sure whom she loved yet. Did she still love Rehan? She did not know.

"But what if I do something wrong? What if I am not a good mother? The thought of not being a mother good enough terrifies me, Aapa." Mariam whispered, her voice cracking at the end.