Chapter-2

Ramadan is finally here! Alhumdulillah.

Ramadan Mubarak everyone. May Allah bless us all this holy month and grant us all the Hidayat to pray and fast with all out hearts.

Remember in prayers.

Edited

Mariam was in the kitchen giving last-minute touches to the dinner, while her parents were out, eagerly waiting for the Alis to arrive.

"Aapa, they are here." Khadija came running into the kitchen.

"How many people are there?" She questioned.

"Three. Mr. And Mrs. Ali and their son." Khadija replied.

'Son' Mariam thought intrigued.
She filled three glasses of water put them in a tray and gave it to Khadija to serve the guests.

Khadija came back inside and told Mariam that she was being called outside. She picked her dupatta that was draped over the chair of the kitchen table and draped it over her shoulders.

She walked into the living room and her eyes landed on the three figures sitting on the sofas, across from her parents. She walked further and her mother got up to escort her.

"This is our daughter, Mariam." Tanzeem introduced smiling a little too brightly. Mariam still couldn't understand why was she acting so strangely.

"Assalamu alaikum," She greeted them.

Mr.Ali was a man in his late fifties with salt and pepper hair, dressed smartly in a navy blue suit with a White shirt and matching navy blue tie. Next to him was Mrs. Ali. She was a beautiful lady in her early or mid-fifties. She wore an elegant dress of purple color. She got up from her place on the sofa and gushed over to Mariam to hug her.

Mariam was a little taken aback as she had never met them before but hugged the fine lady back warmly.
When they pulled back, Mrs. Ali gave her a sweet smile which Mariam returned.

She then turned towards the figure stood next to Mrs. Ali who greeted her back with a little nod of his head.

Mariam assumed him to be the son.
"This is my son, Zeyad". Mrs.Ali said as if reading her mind.

Once they were all settled again, she looked at Zeyad. He was sitting on a single sofa next to his mother. His left leg over his right. He had a confident yet calming aura about and around him.

The man, Zeyad, was wearing a dark grey suit with a white shirt, soft pink tie, and dark-rimmed, square glasses.
Standing tall at 6'2 with light eyes which appeared to be green.

He was very handsome looking Marian thought.

From the looks of it, he appeared to be in his early thirties or something.

***

Zeyad was in his hotel room getting ready for Mr. Waseem's house when there was a knock on his door.
"Come in," He beckoned to whoever was outside.