Chapter - 25

Lo and belold

Lo and belold. I am not dead 😂😂
Surprise surprise.

Quick request, if you guys are into fantasy books with cocky fallen angels and mystical creatures then I have just the book for you. My best friend's book ELYSIUM is just that.

Go check it out please! And show her some support!! Sending love to all!!! Zenabkhan98https://my

https://my.w.tt/9yuLP2PGIT

Mariam was in the kitchen adding last minute spices to her chicken soup. She tasted it once again to get the flavour right and smiled when it did. She then began to transfer the soup in a thermos flask before placing a tight lid on it. She then put it in the basket, next to other items that she'd prepared to take to the hospital.

"Spoons, plates, tissues. . .and that's all  done." She checked. She then asked Max to take the basket to the car and went to get dressed.

As Mariam stood in front of the mirror looking at her image, she couldn't recognize the woman standing there. She had dull, sunken eyes, a pale complexion and you could almost see her ribcage, if she were to lift her sweater. The woman looked a sad mess, hidden behind a smile that didn't reach her eyes. She placed her hand against her flat stomach, flinching at contact.  There was no change there, her tummy was still flat when she lost her child, but the feeling of having a little life growing inside her  was gone. She felt empty, like her womb. But that was done now. She can't undo the miscarriage or Zeyad's accident, all she can do now is have patience and be strong for her husband and child.

On the way to the hospital, Mariam stared out the window, looking at the bustling street, her mind occupied with one thought only; how was she to give the news to Zeyad?
'Should I wait? Maybe it would be best if he didn't know. It's not like he knew about the pregnancy. Right?'

Mariam was unable to make up her mind. She was just too scared of the disappointment that she was sure would be in Zeyad's eyes.
'No, don't think like that. You know him, he loves and would never blame you for this,' the rational part of her mind scolded. Before she could even register, Max was opening her door.