Chapter - 24

A few days later, Mariam was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for Zeyad who was getting ready for work upstairs.

After putting slices of bread in the toaster Mariam checked on the brewing coffee and began scrambling some eggs. When Zeyad finally came down Mariam had already placed buttered toast and a steaming cup of coffee on the breakfast table and was plating the eggs.

"Here you go," She said as she passed him the salt and pepper.

"Thank you, darling" Zeyad said smiling over the rim of his mug and Mariam's heart fluttered a little.
Four almost five years of being married and Mariam still couldn't get over his handsome looks. The side of his hair had grown slightly white and to her the whole salt and pepper look seemed to only  add to his attractiveness.
Her eyes then trailed over to his arms where his bulging muscles could be seen through his well fitted shirt.

"Take a picture, sweetheart. It will last longer," Zeyad teased causing Mariam to blink out of her thoughts. But instead of feeling embarrassed, Mariam only smirked. "Why should I need a picture when I have you all to myself,"

"Ooh, confident Mariam is very sexy. I like it."

"I know," Mariam whispered in a low sexy voice making Zeyad put down his coffee.

"Keep doing that and I will have to cancel today and lock us in the bedroom for the whole day,"

"Would that be so bad?" Mariam asked as she traced her fingers on his hard chest from where she was leaning over the table on the other side.

Zeyad was tempted to cancel everything and just take that lovely woman right then and there. "You're driving me crazy, baby"  He whispered as he circled around the table, his breakfast forgotten.
"You make me lose all my senses," He added as he began nuzzling her neck.

"I could say the same."
Mariam circled her arms around his neck and pressed her body to his.
She then peaked at the wall behind him to check the time, "You still have thirty minutes" She breathed in his ear, biting at it.

Zeyad need not be told twice. He knew exactly what his wife wanted and it had been weeks since they had last had sex. It had been hard to find time for themselves with Zahaan's illness. He picked her up and Mariam wrapped her legs around him, already feeling his excitement, as he kissed her deeply, his tongue invading her mouth. She could taste the bitter taste of coffee, but she loved it.

Just as things began heating up further, Mariam's phone began ringing, bringing the both of them out of their little bubble. Zeyad groaned in annoyance while Mariam only laughed.

"We have tonight. I can ask Susan to take Zahaan to her place after school. He'll be fine with her and her daughter, Alice. I think our boy even likes her," Mariam added patting his chest.

"Yeah, I don't know about his crush but that sounds like a plan. I'll tell Andrew to make reservations for 7. Be ready."

"I will. See you at 7 then."

The two then kissed goodbye and Mariam headed upstairs to wake Zahaan up.
"Sweetie, wake up." She cooed as she placed his hearing aid. The little boy was just too stubborn and took at least fifteen minutes to wake up.
With lots of whining and protests, Zahaan was dressed and ready to go.

Mariam skillfully fed him his special breakfast of soft waffles and strawberry jam. He refused to eat anything other than that. It was one of the things in his routine and both Zeyad and her were fine with it as long as their son was eating.

Susan was on time to pick him up as usual. Both Zahaan and Alice went to the same school, St. Catherine's school for special children, and they'd alternately take the kids to and from school.