Chapter - 17

If you are a homophobe, I suggest you not read the chapter.
Also, kindly excuse the errors.

Have fun reading! 🙂

As Mariam and Zeyad walked further into the lavishly designed hall, Mariam's eyes instantly began searching for a patch of bright blonde hair and vibrant outfit.

She knew exactly how he looked, and what he would be wearing. Mariam knew, that he was for sure wearing something that would catch one's eye instantly.

And there he was. Laughing obnoxiously loud, his head falling back as he held onto Ben's arm.

Ethan!

Ethan was Ben's fiance and soon to be husband. Although, how soon, no one knew. Both him and Mariam were quite eager for it.

"Mariam!" The said person shrieked excitedly as his eyes landed on the approaching couple.
"You look hot! It's a wonder you two even made it here. If you catch my drift?" He said wiggling his eyebrows as he leaned in for a hug and kissed both of Mariam's cheeks.

"I told her the same thing. I think I have a bad case of blue balls right now," Zeyad teased form next to his wife.

"Zee! You look equally hot. Oh, how amazing you two look together. Like a power couple." He said hugging the taller man and kissing him too. Both Ben and Zeyad were cool with it and eventually Mariam got over it.

She knew Ethan only had eyes for Ben who was head over heels, crazy in love with him.

But Fatima thought different. Mariam mentally laughed as she remembered her mother-in-law. Fatima was very well aware of the fact that Ethan and Ben were gay. And even though, she thought of Ben as her son, she wasn't very fond of Ethan. It would always bother her how touchy-feely he became near Zeyad. And to humor her, Ethan would always try to flirt with Zeyad every time they were together in a room.

"You look as...attractive as ever" Mariam said after a little hesitation.

"Why thank you. I know I look sexy."  Ethan sassed and was about to say more when he felt familiar strong arms wrap around his waist.

"Baby," Ben whispered in his ear, kissing his temple before reaching for a handshake with his best friend.
"You guys are late."

"Oh, we know. Of only a certain someone here could keep their hands to themselves," Mariam said, shaking her head in mock disapproval, but everyone present could see the fondness in her eyes as she looked at her husband.

Zeyad pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her with her back to his chest and placed a warm kiss on her cheek.
"Not my fault you look stunning every time we go out,"  Zeyad said unapologetically.

"Oh, so you mean I don't look stunning otherwise?" Mariam questioned, raising a challenging eyebrow.

"Of course not, Darling. You always look breathtaking," He said before kissing her lips unashamedly.

"Now, now, you two love birds. Get a room." Ethan teased making Mariam trun red and Zeyad chuckle.

"What do you say, sweetheart? I've heard they have beautiful honeymoon suits here," Zeyad whispered, his voice husky, sending pleasurable sparks down Mariam's body.
And as much as Mariam wanted to say 'yes please', she refrained herself.

"Ethan, I love your suit," Mariam told him as she pulled away from Zeyad.

Even though, he dressed a little too brightly for her taste, Mariam always admired his dress sense. It was no surprise he could carry any outfit. With blonde hair, grey eyes and pouty lips, Ethan made a handsome man.