Chapter - 12

Dedicated to all my lovey readers for patiently waiting,reading and voting for my stories. I love you all.

Mariam was in their well furnished modular kitchen,her favourite part in the entire house after the study, making some coffee for herself.

Mariam loved cooking and even more so,in their kitchen that had every thing needed. All the proper utensils,a big pantry stocked with every ingredient out there. It was every woman's dream. Just like her, Tanzeem and Khadija were also very fond of their kitchen. The three women of the family,were all fond of cooking.

She was home alone at the moment,as her father was at work and Tanzeem and Khadija were out shopping for the upcoming wedding.

It had become a routine. Every morning all of them would have breakfast together,then get started with their day. Every afternoon,the three women,sometimes four when Shehnaz was able to join them,would leave for shopping going around malls,boutiques,jewellery stores and having lunch or snacks in between.

Everything was ready,eventually. Mariam's dress for the reception was almost ready and would be ready to be picked up any day now.

Zeyad had especially come to Mumbai for a day to go select a dress for Mariam. Mariam had once asked for his preference in style and color as the dress was supposed to be given by the Groom's side of the family.

Zeyad had asked Fatima to pick one,but his mother told him to be one to do it. So,Zeyad had taken off from work and looked at the many, expensive Pakistani and Indian boutiques around to find the perfect dress. But no dress was good enough for Mariam according to him. Finally fed up,Fatima had suggest that he fly back to Mumbai and take Mariam to shopping,since that would be much easier and that way,Fatima would be able to prepare for the wedding before leaving for India.

Hence,Zeyad had come and taken Mariam around,looking for the dress. Finally,they'd come accross a beautiful dress material while at the showroom of one of India's top designers and had instantly instructed them to create a Lehenga choli for Mariam. It was of a soft pink color almost like rose gold with gold embroidery.

The cloth itself had cost a lot and along with the stitching and designing,it was beyond expensive,much to Mariam's dismay but Zeyad seemed unfazed as if he hadn't just spent a few lakhs on a dress that Marian was only going to where once.

As the wedding date neared,Mariam found herself more and more excited and anxious.

Sure,she still loved Rehan . . . Or did she? Mariam wasn't sure anymore and she was tired of constantly battling with herself.
All she knew was that she was marrying Zeyad and felt very strongly for him. She couldn't say the same for Zeyad,though.

But Mariam also knew that a part of her will always love Rehan. Always feel some type of affection for him and a small part of her heart will still beat for him.

***

It was two days before the Nikaah now, and was Mariam's haldi.

The entire house was decorated with garlands made of yellow flowers, and everyone wore yellow,because the theme obviously wall yellow.

It was a small function with only close family present from both sides.
Mariam was dressed in a plain yellow salwar suit,as she was going to be slathered with the yellow gooey substance by everyone.

Mariam was made to sit in the midde of their living room on a plush low stool. The furniture was moved to the side to accommodate everyone. One by one the elders began applying haldi on Mariam's arms,legs and face and feeding her sweets.