25 : You and Me

And it's you and me
And all other people
And I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you

25 : You and Me (edited)

1 YEAR AND 4 MONTHS LATER
AUGUST 1978

     "WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY?"

     Lily was going mad, running around the chapel in search of the two damn people who've been missing for the entire morning. She was close to tugging her red hair, the curls she's magically done already loose. Her eyes caught Sirius, fixing the tie around his neck. "BLACK!" she unintentionally screamed right into his ear.

     "FUCK!" he exclaimed right back, accidentally yanking the tie and nearly choking himself. Sirius's grey eyes snapped right at Lily. "The bloody hell do you want?"

     Lily rolled her eyes, murmuring a swift apology. "Have you seen Potter and Cathy?"

     Sirius shook his head, a confused expression on his face. "But aren't they — ?"

     "Never mind," Lily huffed impatiently, getting stressed out by the second as she turned to leave. "Sorry 'bout that."

She swished her wand without looking back as Sirius's tie magically fixed itself.

     Lily let out a groan, stomping out of the chapel. "WE CAN'T HAVE A BLOODY WEDDING WITHOUT THE DAMN BRIDE AND GROOM."

««•»»

     "SLOW DOWN, YOU PRICK!" Catherine yelled, making a hard right as she leaned forward onto her broom to catch up to James.

     "Am I too fast for you, love?" James called out from behind his shoulder, sending her a cheeky wink as the wind made his black hair tousled. "You've aged, Valentine."

     "I'm not old, you nitwit," Catherine huffed under her breath before speeding up and finally going passed James. She whizzed through the air, hearing James's deep laughter echoing behind her as she stretched an arm out. Her fingers enclosed the Snitch as she slowly came to a stop, hovering several feet above the air. She grinned at her fiancé, waving her closed fist at him. "I got the Snitch. Look who's the loser now!"

     James smirked, rolling his eyes as the two of them descended to the ground. "What a show off." He clicked his tongue in a teasing manner, shaking his head. "I can't believe I'm marrying a show off."

     Catherine threw her head back to laugh as James took the Snitch from her and secured it back in the chest of Quidditch items. "At least I'm not the loser who has to tell Lily why we're late."

     James groaned. "Shit, you're right. She'll clobber me before I can even watch you walk down the aisle."

     Catherine then glanced at James. "It just occurred to me how it's bad luck for the groom and the bride to see each other before the wedding."

     James snorted. "I don't believe in that crap." He then lunged forward to encase his arms around Catherine, pulling her in for a tight embrace as she squealed. James kissed the side of her sweaty temple. "Think about it. In just a few more hours, you'll finally be a Potter."