Chapter Four

The skyline hued deep blues of sadness and burning oranges that eased into a melancholy yellow, the night was bitter and windy

The skyline hued deep blues of sadness and burning oranges that eased into a melancholy yellow, the night was bitter and windy. Time went by through out the afternoon and something felt off. Sensing when something is wrong and not going by gut is the worst feeling ever. What if it's too late? What if everything went wrong already? What if you were too busy enjoying something to even realize the gut feeling of something being wrong?

Stephanie placed her hand into the popcorn bowl, its savory texture greased her hands as Andre took another handful also. Their eyes glued to the tv set as they watched the modern day version of 'Texas Chainsaw'. Blood splattered everywhere with no gory apologizes, it almost made Stephanie sick to her stomach-- she only watched it on Andre's behalf.

 Blood splattered everywhere with no gory apologizes, it almost made Stephanie sick to her stomach-- she only watched it on Andre's behalf

"He's gonna get her." Andre's eyes still possessed by the horrific scene, Stephanie shrieked and placed her head into his chest. Andre couldn't pay attention enough to Stephanie because he was too in daze of watching the chase down of another yearn for murder of an old chainsaw. "He got her." He finally realized Stephanie's head was smushed into his chest and painted a faint smile over his lips as the movie went on commercial.

"You were scared, weren't you?" He teased.

"Is it over?" She winced opening one eye and sneaking out of her hoodie to see the television on an acne commercial instead.

"Yeah it's over." Andre contained his laughter to not offend Stephanie and took a sip from his water bottle. "It's getting a little dark outside, are you still going to visit your mother?" Andre asked Stephanie as she rubbed her watch around her wrist to look at the time.

"Yeah, I should probably head over there." Stephanie stood up to stretch out her bones from the uncomfortable sitting position she sat in, and walked over to find her house slippers and keys. "C'mon, I'm not just going to leave you here."

Andre stood up and made sure his shirt was nice and clean thanks to Stephanie and proceeded to follow her out the front door. As the reached a car, Stephanie noticed Reb's car right beside hers and figured he was going to be a bit of trouble. He immediately saw Stephanie and got out the car to confront her.