|Six|

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

06 || Chopper and Milo Pressman

After Gordie and Ella left the three remaining boys wrestled and messed around for a few minutes, while Kaitlyn sat alone and in silence, before quitting. Vern and Teddy got wrapped up in a conversation. Chris moved over to Kaitlyn.

"Hey Miller," Chris said sitting close to the girl.

"Hey Chambers," The girl mocked.

He smiled, "you think anything's going on between Ella and Gordie?"

Kaitlyn furrowed her eyebrows, "I'm not sure. They should. They would go well together, though."

Chris nodded putting his arm around her shoulder, "I agree."

Kaitlyn leaned into his arm, "I want to sleep."

"Go for it," he responded, "they won't be back for a little while."

She shook her head, "I don't want to."

"Why?" He asked looking down at her.

"Because I'm hanging out with you," she simply answered, as if it was the most obvious thing.

He beamed, "how kind."

She giggled, vibrating both their bodies, "aren't I always?"

"Sometimes," he answered with a chuckle.

"Well, you aren't wrong," she replied honestly.

Although, they both knew she was always kind unless she was protecting someone or herself.

"You always have good intentions though," he stated with a smile.

"That's good," she laughed.

"I think so," he replied truthfully.

She blushed, "thanks, I guess."

They sat in a comfortable silence and watched Vern and Teddy as they started spitting at the can again.

Meanwhile, around fifteen minutes later the duo finally made it to the store. Ella and Gordie picked out the food as they walked around.

Ella and Gordie each picked up three cola's and put it on the store counter as the worker took out some meat.

"Ain't you Denny Lachance's brother?" The worker asked Gordie.

Ella tensed, knowing it was a sensitive subject for him.

"Yes, sir," Gordie responded as he picked up some bread.

The worker weighed the meat, "Shame what happened to him. Bible says, 'In the midst of life, we are in death.' Did you know that? I lost a brother in Korea. You look like your brother. People ever tell you that?"