chapter four.

"Don't peek!" I heard Michael exclaim. His hands were covering my eyes, with him trailing behind me.

"It's kinda impossible to see anything with your hands in my face."

He lightly laughed, making me smile. His happiness was contagious.

"Well it's a surprise, and I'd like to keep it that way"

I sighed. "You're becoming more and more cliche by the second, Clifford."

"I've had my fair share of watching The Notebook and other girly shit, uhh. Hmm. Damn it, what's your last name?" He questioned.

"Not telling"

"Chloeeeeeeee"

"No"

"Please?"

"No"

"Pleeeeeeeease?" He asked, dragging out the word.

"Fine. It's Grant." I said. I hated my last name.

"Cute. Well, Grant. We're here." He said, pulling his hands from my face. I opened my eyes, adjusting them to the lightness. When my vision cleared, a small park was in front of me. Laying under the tree was a picnic blanket, a basket laying on top of it, and a radio.

"Clifford, I told you no romantic stuff." I said, walking over to the blanket, sitting down. He followed my actions. "I could've gone for some McDonald's."

He laughed. He said nothing, just opened the basket. I peered inside and saw tons of food from McDonald's.

"You're the best" I smiled, reaching in and grabbing as much food as I could.

-------------------

I clutched my stomach, feeling pains shoot up from how hard I was laughing. Michael currently had two fries hanging out his mouth, sticking out as if he were a walrus. I wasn't laughing so hard because it was the funniest thing I've seen. I was laughing because he looked like a complete dork.

"You're a riot, Clifford." I said, catching my breath. I wiped a few tears that slipped out, which were caused by my hysterics.

"So are you, Grant. I've had a really nice time." He breathed, smiling at me.

I returned the gesture. "So did I. I really did."

His eyes somewhat sparkled. I liked to think it was because of me, but it was probably the Sun shining in them or something.

"Awesome. So, there's a huge bonfire tonight at the beach. All the boys will be there and probably Jess, too. So, uh.. Will you come with me?" His eyes pleaded. I had a feeling that he was never really into parties.

"Of course."

---------------------

"Are you sure?" Michael asked. I told him that he could go ahead and drink, and I'd be the designated driver.

"Yes, don't be silly. I shouldn't be drinking at all." I assured him, smiling to get the point across that I'd be okay.

"Thanks, you're the best." He replied, leaning in and kissing my cheek. I felt heat rise to my cheeks as I looked down, now bashful. He strolled

"CHLOEEEEEEE." I heard someone scream. I turned to my left, only to be tackled by someone, landing in the sand of the beach.

I looked up and saw Calum on top of me, smirking.

"Oh hey, the view's good from up here."

I flipped us over, so I was now on top of him. I pinned his arms against the ground, lowering myself to whisper in his ear.