chapter thirteen.

*****20 VOTES AND 20 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER*****

__________________________________________________

Michael's eyes widened as he quickly tore his arm from around my shoulders and dragged the boy who was also slung around me away.

"You know, you have really awful timing," I said hesitantly laughing.

"Oh, so now it's my fault?" Calum said, obviously irritated.

I sighed, "No, I just..." I paused, "It's not what it looks like."

"It looks like you had two boys wrapped around you."

"Well, okay, but that's just part of it! I promised I'd help them with something," I replied.

He paused for a second, looking back at the group of boys. They were all trying to act casually as if they were not eavesdropping. It was not working.

"Help with what?" He questioned skeptically.

I looked back as all of the boys shook their heads with wide eyes, obviously not wanting the word to get out about our plan.

"I... I can't tell you."

"Really, Chloe? We tell each other everything. You've known those blockheads for ten minutes and you jump at the chance to help them, yet you won't tell your boyfriend? What's gotten into you?" Calum said, almost disgusted.

"Those 'blockheads' actually treat me with some respect, unlike you! All you do is yell at me and criticize every little thing I do. It's as if no matter what I do is good enough for you!"

"I drove all the way here to get YOU after YOU stayed here with another guy! You don't think there's something wrong with that?" He screamed in my face.

"I wouldn't had to have stayed with another guy if my boyfriend didn't leave me stranded here. What did you expect me to do? Sleep in the streets? You know what, Calum," I said, laughing at how mad I was, "you can just go."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it just as quickly. He just shook his head an turned around, slamming the door behind him.

Tears pricked my eyes as I plastered a smile on my face and turned around to the boys sitting in the living room.

"Chloe? Are you okay?" Michael asked gently, as if any wrong word would break me.

"I'm great," I said shaking the previous event off of me, "now what's the game plan?"

The boys and I decided to sit around and figure out what to do. The boys were going to figure it out themselves by Wednesday, but I wanted to be there so I could have a say in what goes on.

"Hey, Chloe," one of the frat boys, Brad, said, "when you get into the sorority, you should have a car wash for the fundraiser."

"Why?" I asked.

"So we can see you and other hot girls in wet t-shirts washing cars?" He said as if it were obvious.

Michael smacked his arm, "Dude. Focus." I laughed at their immaturity.

Ashton stood up, "So here's the plan..."

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Chloe, come out of the bathroom," Michael said, gently knocking.

"No way. I look insane," I replied, shaking my head in disbelief at my reflection.