chapter ten.

A/N:

WOOOOAH two updates in two days?! i'm actually good at keeping up with this?! what?!

haha but seriously, im so ready to start writing more frequently for this! im starting to get more into it, so hopefully i can regularly updated instead of waiting a month between each chapter. hope you like it so far! xox

_____________________________________________________________

I inhaled sharply, my heartbeat quickening. Alright, Chloe, you have two options. You can either act oblivious and ask Ashton what he's on about, or you can make up a ridiculous story like you were both being chased by an axe murderer and the only form of protection was from the safety of the bathroom.

Before I could even get a word out, Calum turned to me, "What?! Did you guys do something you shouldn't have?" he questioned, sounding agitated.

I turned to look at him, his eyes wide and sad. I then turned to Ashton who just had a huge smirk on his face. I'd like to smack it right off. I then turned to Michael, and he looked just as concerned as I did. I then looked back at Ashton, and stood up.

"You're a real dick, I hope you know that." I said to him, turning away, walking out of the circle. I then turned back around to Calum looking straight at him, "And the fact that you think I would ever cheat on you shows that you don't know me at all. Screw all of you." I said, looking around the circle. the last pair of eyes that mine had set on were Michael's, and I just turned away running through the house.

I walked out to the front, sitting on the steps and letting out a big sigh. I rested my head in my hands, fighting off the urge to cry. I understand I should've told Calum that we were in there together, but nothing happened. And the fact that he thought I would ever do that to him sickened me.

But, I did almost do that to him. Michael was about to kiss me and I wasn't going to stop him.

So many thoughts were running through my head, and I felt like an awful person. I just yelled at Calum when I was the one to blame. I was the one who fucked everything up, like always.

Just as I was about to stand up and leave, someone sat down next to me. I expected it to be Calum, but it was actually Michael.

"Hey," he said, giving me a slight smile.

"Hi," I croaked out, holding back my tears.

He began to frown and pulled me toward him, embracing me in a hug. His warmth spread throughout my body, and I loved every second of it. We pulled away as he looked me in the eyes and pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear, cupping my face.

"Listen to me," he said, "It's okay. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault."

"No it's not," I explained. Yes, it was partly his fault, but it was my fault too.

His hand dropped from my face, grabbing mine. "Look, Chloe, I screwed up on us. I gave up the only excitement I had in my life, which was you. And I know you're with Calum, so I'm not asking for a date or anything, but I would really love if we could try being friends. I miss hanging out with you," he finished, giving me a sheepish smile.

I returned the smile saying, "I'd like that."

We looked at each other for a moment, not saying anything. Until Calum walked outside.

Michael snatched his hands away from mine as quickly as he could as Calum glared at him. Michael slowly stood up and excused himself for a drink or whatever.

"Really, Chloe? I was just going to come out and apologize and you're alone with him again? Real classy," he scoffed.

"Are you suggesting that I'm being trashy by talking to a friend?"

"That seemed to be more than friendly," he snapped, referring to when Michael held my hands.

"Calum, if you really think I would cheat on you, I don't know why we're even dating," I said, mumbling the last part.

He looked taken aback for a second, and then replied with, "I guess I don't either."

He skipped down the steps, fast walking away from me.

"Where are you going?" I somewhat shouted.

"Home," he yelled back, "find your own way out of here, you obviously have tons of boys you can ask,"

What he said shouldn't have hurt me, but it did, With tears streaming down my face, I turned around going inside. In a desperate attempt to find Jess and Luke, I searched every inch of the house. No luck. I then turned to the only other person I trusted in this house.

Running up the stairs, I found Michael's bedroom, hoping that he would be in there.

He was.

With a girl on top of him,

I sniffled, wiping my sleeve under my eyes. "Oh, uh I'm sorry I should have knocked uh I'll just uhm," I couldn't get out a proper sentence considering I was crying in front of Michael with a half naked girl on top of him.

"Chloe? Are you okay?" He asked. I simply shook my head, "Could you, uh, leave?" he asked the girl. She rolled her eyes in annoyance as she grabbed her clothes, slipped them on and exited the room.

Michael stood up, his shirt still off, and walked over to me. I looked down, a tear falling straight to the floor. He took my wrist, pulling me into him and holding me tight. I never wanted him to let go.

"I never noticed how much I missed your hugs until I got to hug you twice in one night," I laughed, sniffling again. The feeling of his bare skin on me gave me a feeling of comfort.

"I could say the same," he chuckled.

Once we broke apart he backed up to his bed, sitting on the edge of it. He patted the spot next to him, which told me he wanted me to sit down next to him. I obliged, making my way over and plopping down on the edge, sighing.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"What isn't?" I said. "Everything is wrong."

He paused for a moment, unsure of what to say, "What happened with you and Calum? Did you two talk?"

"Barely. He left. He told me to find my own way home, cause apparently I have a lot of boys that I hook up with so one of them could drive me," I said, sobbing into my shirt.

"Are you fucking serious Chloe? I'm sorry, but he's a dick and doesn't deserve someone as wonderful as you," he told me, embracing me again.

"But that's the thing, Clifford. I'm not wonderful," I sighed into him, "Even when I stay away from partying and boys, I'm accused of it. There has to be something wrong with me if I can't even maintain a relationship. First you, now Calum, and all of the other boys before that. What did I do?"

He held his breath for awhile, exhaling loudly, "I never forgave myself for doing that to you, Chloe. I've thought about it every day. There's nothing wrong with you. It was my fault. I was the dick."

I looked up at him, "Really? You've thought about it every day?"

He nodded.

I looked down at my hand, slightly smiling.

"I'm glad I have you now, though," I smiled to him,

"Me too."

_______________________________________________________

A/N:

kinda a sucky chapter but some of it has to be filler or else the story would be a bunch of random things happening and idk but it will get v good v soon i promise.

remember to vote/comment/follow/etc! hope you liked it lovelies

tumblr; vodkaclifford

- Shannon xox