XVI

Fauna walked along the street with her hand in her pocket as she read the address on the letter, Orion trailing behind her.

"Any luck?" Fauna jumped and turned around to see Nico and Sage, releasing a sigh of relief.

"No," she admitted. "It's... it's like this place doesn't even exists."

Nico looped his arms through hers and led her to a nearby cafe they'd passed. They'd made it to Intimation Proffer, now they just needed to find Austin Aldwyn.

Should be easy right?

Well, they went to every supermarket, every cafe and every place where someone would probably need to go quite frequently, but no one had ever heard of someone named Austin Aldwyn.

Fauna and Nico had also not been able to find where he lived even with the address.

They sat down at a table near the window and Fauna pulled out her sketchbook as Nico leaned his chin on his hand, looking out of the glass.

She smiled to herself.

Perfect.

She grabbed her pencil and was about to start drawing when she paused. She reached across the table and Nico jumped as she grabbed a strand of hair and pulled it out so it fell over his eye.

"There," she said and sat back down while Nico smiled at her and shook his head slightly.

Fauna reached across again and stilled his head, tilting it back to the window. "Still," she commanded and Nico laughed.

"Fauna?"

She turned around and saw a boy with reddish brown hair and glasses perched in his nose and chocolate brown eyes behind them. She stared at him for a moment.

"Hi," she said, not knowing who he is.

"Oh, you probably don't even remember me, it has been 3 years," he smiled. "Austin, remember."

Fauna smiled. Okay then, that fixes that problem. "Oh, hi. I didn't even recognise you."

"Yeah and I almost walked straight past you," he laughed before pointing to Nico. "I'm guessing that's Nico."

She nodded and Austin went to shake Nico's hand. "Austin Aldwyn."

Nico's eyes darted to Austin's hand and Fauna saw the coldness in his eyes as well as his cold demeanour. He really didn't like other people did he.

"Austin," she said and he turned to her with a sly smile.

"Yes."

"We need to talk to you," Nico said coldly and Austin turned to him again with that strange smile. Nico tensed and glared at him with a calculating look in his eyes.

"We can go back to my house," he said and Fauna stood up.

"Great."

He led the way and Nico walked up next to Fauna. "I don't like him," he whispered and Fauna rolled her eyes.

"You don't like anyone," she whispered back.

"That's not true. I like you."

She looked at him and couldn't help but smile when he nudged her arm.